16% increase in children spending time on gaming during the COVID: POKKT
POKKT, the leading mobile gaming ad platform recently reported that there has been a considerable increase in the time that children spend on gaming during the COVID-19 related lockdown. From a previous average of 20-30mins/session, children during the COVID lockdown now spend about 40 mins/session during each of the 4 to 5 sessions/per day.
The mobile gaming industry has seen a major surge due to the current global lockdown and more indoor time that consumers are spending. POKKT Mobile Ads works with over 3,000 publishers across the globe, thereby managing in-app advertisements for top games, generating about 700mn monthly unique users coming to their platform.
Few highlights from the POKKT analysis on the mobile gaming space:
- 11% increase in monthly game downloads
- 13% increase in monthly active- users
- Increase in daily average session time to 45 mins from 30 mins
- 4-5 times increase in daily no. of sessions compared to 3 daily sessions
- Playing time has changed from 4-8 pm to 1 - 4 pm + 6 - 9 pm