ABP releases 100 days of Modi
While the electorate gave a thumping mandate to Narendra Modi to run a second unfettered term, it is time to feel the people's pulse when the Government is completing 100 days in office. ABP News-CVoter’s ‘Desh Ka Mood’ captures the sentiments of the voters that appear to be “very much satisfied” with the present government.
Abrogation of Article 370 in J&K, passing of the triple talaq Bill in Parliament, bringing anti-terror laws, Narendra Modi emerging as the strongest leader after Indira Gandhi and Atal Bihari Vajpayee are some of the key observations of the survey held in the last week of August, 2019 consisting 11,308 respondents.
The strategic decisions taken during the last three months were engineered with a mission-perfect precision by the master strategist Amit Shah, whose popularity ratings has surged the most in the Modi Cabinet.
Over 75% respondents believed the significant steps taken by Modi government in its 100-days at power will have a major impact on the upcoming state elections in Jharkhand, Haryana and Maharashtra. Unemployment, however, has been the most concerning issue pointed out in the survey.
Avinash Pandey, CEO, ABP News Network said: “As the new government completes 100 days, ABP News informs people the departments which are victors and which are laggards. The objective of #DeshKaMood is to meticulously read public perception and has always garnered immense popularity post general election results.”
- 64% respondents feel the government will benefit by abolishing triple talaq.
- 26% blame the central government for economic slowdown.
- Almost 80% of respondents are of the opinion that government should take efforts in bringing back PoK.
- 50% of the surveyed lot believe there should be no talks with Pakistan. 36.5% believe dialogue should take place.
- Nawab Malik, NCP spokesperson: "Abrogation of Article 370 was a big decision. The assessment of the decision can't be done so early. The priority is to maintain peace and calm in J&K."
- Shahnawaz Hussain, BJP spokesperon: "Entire country is in favour of abrogation of Article 370. People are praising Narendra Modi and Amit Shah for the brave decision taken. Except for Congress, various other parties supported us."
- Pradip Singh, former editor, Jansatta: "This govt has shown the political will to take such a big decision of abrogating Article 370. Every Indian PM including Modi made attempts to hold talks with Pakistan but what happened? This government this time felt it's enough and took a stand by cancelling talks."
- Irfan Hafiz Lone, senior advocate: "How can it be welcomed when communication lines are snapped in Kashmir? Three former CMs are under detention. The decision was taken surreptitiously. Government of India has not shed a drop of blood in Kashmir, only the innocent locals have. In BJP’s 100 days, August 5 should be seen as a black day."