Asia's biggest Marketing, Media and Advertising Congress to focus on 'Uncertainty: The New Certainty'
AdAsia 2011, Asia’s biggest Marketing, Media and Advertising Congress today announced an addition of 10 speakers to their existing list of 27, taking the total to 37 confirmed speakers. Confirmation is awaited from a few more speakers/panelists which should take the total tally to 45. The key topics to be discussed by these renowned speakers at the much awaited symposia to be held in the capital from October 31 to November 03, 2011 were also highlighted at the Press Conference. AdAsia 2011 presents its 27th edition which is being held in India after a gap of eight years. The last Congress hosted by India was in 2003 in the pink city of Jaipur and was considered a landmark event. AdAsia 2011 is being organized under the aegis of the Asian Federation of Advertising Associations (AFAA).
The theme of AdAsia 2011 is “Uncertainty: The New Certainty.” We live in a dynamic world that is currently at an inflection point witnessing a realignment of global economic leadership. Post the global meltdown, Asia leads the world on the path of recovery, thus attracting attention from the world over. There is a new paradigm as far as Asia is concerned, and the one thing that is certain is uncertainty. Brands are on an experimental spree through multi-layered communication channels right from Twitter, Facebook to mobiles and micro-blogging as the new evolving mediums. Mastering this ever-evolving operating environment and its impact on business is gaining critical significance to long-term sustainability. AdAsia 2011 will not only chronicle the changes but also provide a glimpse of impending opportunities and challenges that lie ahead in this dynamic field of advertising and marketing.
The agenda of AdAsia 2011 includes 20 exciting and stimulating sessions conducted by global stalwarts of the Corporate, Marketing, Advertising Media & Communications community that will explore the business ecosystem and understand the nature of disruption. Time tested tools which have never failed the industry along with new tools, methods, applications and ever booming digital medium will be discussed in detail. The topics have been carefully selected to rouse exciting and cutting edge debates on concerns vital to the marketing, advertising and media fraternity.
Commenting about AdAsia 2011,Madhukar Kamath, Group Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director, Mudra Group and Chairman, AdAsia 2011 said, “With unprecedented tectonic changes impacting the way one does business, AdAsia 2011 is a platform which not only chronicles the changes, but also provides a glimpse of what opportunities and challenges await us. This is especially relevant as 2011 sees the world – after having weathered the financial tsunami – emerging from the effects of the global meltdown. Moreover, with Asia broadly, and India specifically, leading this global recovery, the centre of gravity is changing. If, in the 20th century, the world looked at the West for innovation and progress, in the 21st century, everyone’s attention is on Asia.”
AdAsia2011 will have learned and intellectual speakers ready to share their global experiences and knowledge. Their participation will make the sessions thought provoking and stimulating and will add immense value. The list of confirmed speakers includes:
- A. Salman Amin – Executive Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, PepsiCo.
- Chris Thomas – Chairman and CEO of BBDO in Asia, Middle East and Africa & Chairman of Proximity Worldwide.
- Anna Bernasek, Writer and Journalist
- Luis DeAnda, Chief Operating Officer, TBWAHAKUHODO, Japan
- Nitin Paranjpe, CEO & MD, Hindustan Unilever Limited & EVP South Asia, Unilever
- Harish Manwani, COO, Unilever
- Arvind Rajan, Managing Director and Vice President of Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) at LinkedIn
- Vikram Sakhuja, Chief Executive Officer – South Asia, Group M
- Lakshmi Pratury , Host, The INK Conference
- Ronda Carnegie, Head of Global Partnerships at TED.
- Kate Day, Communities Editor, Daily Telegraph Online
- Indra Nooyi – Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, PepsiCo.
- David Droga – Founder, Creative Chairman, Droga5.
- Ram Charan – Business Consultant, Speaker and Author.
- Rishad Tobaccowala – Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer, VivaKi.
- Akira Kagami – Executive Advisor & Global Executive Creative Advisor, Dentsu Inc.
- Thirasak Tanapatanakul – Worldwide Chairman, Creative Juice.
- Duncan Goose – Founder & Managing Director, Global Ethics Limited.
- Joseph V. Tripodi – Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing & Commercial Officer, The Coca-Cola Company.
- Kitty Lun – Chairman & CEO, Lowe China.
- Koichi Yamamoto – General Manager, Global Solutions Center, Dentsu Inc.
- Michael I. Roth – Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Interpublic.
- Pankaj Ghemawat – Global Strategist, Professor, Author and Speaker.
- Swami Sukhabodhananda – Founder & Chairman, Prasanna Trust.
- Bruce Haines – Chief Strategy Officer, Cheil Worldwide.
- Robert Senior – CEO Saatchi & Saatchi EMEA and Saatchi & Saatchi Fallon Group, Chairman, Saatchi & Saatchi Worldwide Creative Board.
- Robin Wight – President, Engine and WCRS.
- Simon Bond – Chief Marketing Officer, BBDO/Proximity Worldwide.
- Santosh Desai – Managing Director & CEO, Future Brands Ltd.
- Adil Zainulbhai – Managing Director – India, McKinsey & Company Inc.
- Tom Doctoroff – JWT, North Asia Area Director, Greater China CEO.
- Mainardo De Nardis – CEO, OMD Worldwide.
- Irfan Mustafa – Chief Leadership Development Officer, Yum! Brands Inc. & Managing Director, Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan and Turkey, Yum! Restaurants International.
- Bob O’Leary – Managing Director, Head of Global Marketing, Consumer, Citi.
- Kelly Clark – Worldwide CEO, Maxus.
- Laxman Narasimhan – Director – New Delhi, McKinsey & Company, Inc.
- Piyush Pandey – Executive Chairman and Creative Director, South Asia, Ogilvy & Mather India.
MINUTES TO READ