Audible launches over 100 exciting Audiobooks on Alexa for free
With the aim of making the audio experience accessible to even more listeners, An Amazon company and provider of spoken-word entertainment Audible has launched over 100 audiobooks completely free of cost on Alexa, which can be accessed on the Amazon Echo and Fire TV range and other Alexa built-in devices. Several more titles will be added to this offering in the months that follow.
This new offering on Alexa allows for a seamless, hands-free experience to customers while switching from one device to another so they can continue where they paused on one device, like an Android/iOS app and pick it up seamlessly on another Alexa device.
By simply asking “Alexa, what’s free from Audible?” in English or “Alexa, Audible में क्या फ्री है?” in Hindi, users will be directed to Audible’s catalogue of free titles on Alexa. Users can also listen to a specific title that’s part of this offering by saying “Alexa, Read*name of audiobook*” or “Alexa, [booktitle] पढ़ो”.
Customers can choose to listen to any English audiobook such as:
● A Selection of the Cases of Sherlock Holmes written by Arthur Conan Doyle: An essential for all Holmes fans, this selection of Holmes' most challenging cases covers a range of stories on deceit and violent crime, including the stories "A Scandal in Bohemia" and "Man with the Twisted Lip".
● A Tale of Two Cities written by Charles Dickens: This is one of Charles Dickens' most exciting novels and provides a highly charged examination of human suffering and human sacrifice, private experience and public history, during the French Revolution.
● The Complete Chanakya Neeti (English) written by R.P. Jain: Chanakya Neeti is a treatise on the ideal way of life and shows Chanakya’s deep study of the Indian way of life.
● The Mystic Sinners written by Proyashi Barua: This mystery thriller is the story of how Maya and Kamakshi suffer at the behest of tantrics.
● On the Double written by Tanushree Podder: A charming tale of friendship and coming-of-age, where young boys with lofty dreams stand at the cusp of change, ready to take on their future as sentinels of the nation.
The free Hindi audiobook titles that a customer can access by simply saying “Alexa, read [book-title] from Audible” include:
- 21 Shreshth Kahaniyan Prem Chand written by Munshi Premchand: This is an anthology of some of Premchand’s best stories.
- Corporate Guru Dhirubhai Ambani written by Prateeksha M. Tiwari: This is one of the most comprehensive biographical account of Dhirubhai Ambani's life, his achievements, perspectives, and ideologies. The founder of the Reliance group of industries, and the legacy left by him has managed to inspire people worldwide.
- Shiv Puran written by Dr. Vinay Neeraj: Out of the 18 Mahapuranas or great puranas, Siva Purana is one of them. This audiobook explores the legend Shiva, bringing them alive for the new generation to witness.
Audible India Country Head Shailesh Sawlani said: “Audible and Alexa have teamed up to elevate the experience for customers and since 2020 have introduced some of the most-loved stories to Alexa users. By launching a selection of 100 + free audiobook titles in Hindi and English on Alexa devices, we are taking this experience up a notch and aim to make the Audible experience accessible to more listeners by making it free. We hope to introduce many such creative offerings with Alexa in the future and continue to entertain our customers”