Blink Digital, Taproot Dentsu, JWT win Pencils at 2nd night of The One Show 2019
Three agencies from India won five Pencils at the second night of The One Club for Creativity’s 46th annual One Show, the prestigious global awards competition celebrating excellence in creativity of ideas and quality of execution.
Taproot Dentsu Mumbai won a Silver Pencil for “Painted by Paint” on behalf of Dulux Paints in Print & Outdoor, Craft - Art Direction. The agency was also awarded a Bronze Pencil for Dulux Paints “Paint Flow” in Print & Outdoor, Experiential & Installations - Single.
J. Walter Thompson India Mumbai with J. Walter Thompson Amsterdam won two Bronze Pencils in Film, both for “Blink Test” on behalf of Jimmy Nelson Foundation. One Bronze was for Television & VOD - Long Form - Single, and the other was for Online Films & Video - Varying Length Campaign.
The other Pencil winner from India on the night was Blink Digital Mumbai, who picked up a Bronze for “Alexa, Play My Song” on behalf of Amazon Echo in Interactive & Online, Online Advertising - Native Ads.
Top global winners for the second night of The One Show 2019
The One Show 2019 Best in Show honours, recognising the single most outstanding work entered this year, went to Wieden+Kennedy Portland with Park Pictures Los Angeles and Joint Portland for “Dream Crazy” on behalf of Nike.
This year’s top honors, based upon cumulative One Show Pencils and Merits won across all disciplines, are:
- Agency of the Year – Wieden+Kennedy Portland
- In-house Agency of the Year – Spotify
- Network of the Year – DDB Worldwide
- Creative Holding Company of the Year – Omnicom Group
- Production Company of the Year – MPC
- Client of the Year – Nike
Best of Discipline winners for the second night of The One Show were:
- Creative Use of Data: McCann London with Craft/McCann London, Somesuch London and Twentyfour Seven Madrid “Football Decoded” for Microsoft Xbox
- Digital Craft: 360i New York “Westworld: The Maze” for HBO
- Direct Marketing: TBWAChiatDay New York with Rebel & Rogue New York and Design by Disruption New York “Billie Jean King Your Shoes” for Adidas
- Experiential & Immersive: FCB New York with O Positive New York “The Whopper Detour” for Burger King
- Film: Droga5 New York “The Truth Is Worth It” for The New York Times
- Integrated: Nike Beaverton with Wieden+Kennedy Portland, Park Pictures Los Angeles and Joint Portland “Dream Crazy” for Nike
- Interactive & Online: VIRTUE Copenhagen “adDRESS THE FUTURE” for Carlings
- Mobile: MullenLowe SSP3 Bogotá with Macarena Films Bogotá and Cainkade New York “My Line” for Ministry of Technology & Communication of Colombia
- Print & Outdoor: Wieden+Kennedy Portland “Dream Crazy” for Nike
- Social Influencer Marketing: adam&eveDDB London “#TrollingIsUgly” for The Cybersmile Foundation
- Social Media: Wieden+Kennedy Portland “Dream Crazy” for Nike
The One Show 2019 special awards
A jury of 10 leading global CMOs awarded the 2019 CMO Pencil to David Rubin, Chief Marketing Officer at The New York Times, as a result of their selecting “The Truth Is Worth It” as the world’s single most impactful idea on a brand’s business from the past year. The jury picked the work, by Droga5 New York, from among this year’s 20 highest-scoring entries including Best of Discipline winners, narrowly beating out Nike “Dream Crazy” by Wieden+Kennedy Portland.
The prestigious One Show Penta Pencil, awarded to the agency and brand who together have created stellar creative work for the last five years, was presented adam&eveDDB London and client John Lewis & Partners London.
The One Show Pencil is one of the highest accolades in the industry because it is one of the most difficult to win. For both nights of The One Show 2019, 569 Pencils were awarded: 180 Gold, 178 Silver and 211 Bronze. A total of 19,445 pieces were entered this year from 73 countries.
This second night of The One Show was hosted by actor, comedian and writer Ben Schwartz, known for his roles on NBC’s “Parks and Recreation” and Showtime's “House of Lies”. Schwartz is also the voice of Sonic in the upcoming film “Sonic: The Hedgehog”.
The One Show awards are part The One Club for Creativity’s Creative Week, May 6-10, 2019 in New York. The preeminent festival showcasing the intersection of advertising, innovation and creative thinking, Creative Week also includes the ADC 98th Annual Awards, two nights of The One Show, the dynamic Young Ones Education Festival, inspiring sessions with some of the biggest names in the industry at the Creative Summit and the exclusive Executive Creative Summit, open to a limited number of top-level leaders (founders, CCOs, managing partners).