BSH Home Appliances appoints Neeraj Bahl as new MD and CEO of India
BSH Home Appliances Group, Europe’s largest home appliances manufacturer and one of the world’s leading companies in the sector today announced leadership changes at the helm of the organization with Mr. Gunjan Srivastava, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer elevated as Head of BSH Region Asia-Pacific headquartered at Singapore.
Over the last five years, Gunjan has been instrumental in spearheading BSH India’s growth in a competitive consumer durables category by firmly establishing its three flagship brands - Bosch, Siemens and the most recently launched luxury brand – Gaggenau. Today, BSH India is a strong contributor to the company’s global vision and growth trajectory witnessing double digit growth as well as cementing the brand’s presence in new product segments. In his expanded role, Gunjan’s mandate will encompass running BSH’s business across the Asia-Pacific region including India, South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
His successor, Mr. Neeraj Bahl joins BSH Household Appliances as the MD and CEO starting
July 01, 2019 from Panasonic India Pvt. Ltd where he was the Group Chief Sales for Retail and Online. In his role as the Business Head for Consumer Electronics at Panasonic, he was responsible for increasing sales of TV panels from a mere 3% to over 10% market share within a span of six-seven years. He greatly contributed in expanding the company’s sales network from 5000 to more than 15000. His achievements include the successful launch of XXL panel in 2016, launch of the OLED range of panels in 2018 with Ranbir Kapoor as the brand ambassador, the Viera Shinobi pro series panels and the relaunch of Panasonic urban audio in 2017. During his significant tenure of more than 25 years, Neeraj has also worked with leading global organizations including Samsung Electronics, LG Electronics and Electrolux India bringing vast industry experience.
Commenting on his new role at BSH, Gunjan Srivastava - Head of BSH Region Asia-Pacific said, “The last five years as BSH’s India head have been an enriching experience establishing its credentials as well as becoming the first triple brand player catering to varied customer segments, expanding/doubling our market footprint, fortifying our presence in established verticals as well as introducing new categories. I am excited to take on my new role and the incredible opportunities it brings, strengthening BSH brand and product presence in the APAC region. I wish Neeraj Bahl success as BSH India readies for its next phase of growth.”
The newly-appointed India head, Neeraj Bahl said, “Within a short span of time, BSH Household Appliances has become a strong brand bringing the best of German Engineering along with localized appliances for Indian consumers. With a unique three brand strategy with Bosch, Siemens and Gaggenau, the company’s robust manufacturing capabilities and innovative product portfolio, I am excited to carve the future of BSH India as well as reinvent and simplify daily lives of consumers across the country with a strong focus on India’s tier II & III cities as well.”
BSH India: Key Milestones
- In 2010, BSH entered the Indian market with its premium brand – Siemens, bringing to the country its best in class built-in and freestanding range of appliances
- In 2011, launched Brand Bosch with freestanding range of appliances
- 2014 represented BSH’s first milestone in India with the launch of a washing machine in the 7kg category, manufactured locally in the state-of-the-art Chennai facility
- In April 2018, the Chennai facility completed the production of 5lac washing machines
- In January 2018, BSH successfully launched the luxury kitchen appliances brand – Gaggenau in India
- In May 2018, BSH laid the foundation of a Refrigerator Factory at the Chennai facility
- In 2018, Bosch Home Appliances forayed into Asian Top Loaders washing machines (its global launch starting with India), small appliances with mixer grinders and freestanding microwave ovens category