CNBC-TV18 leads with 88.2% market share during the Union Budget speech
CNBC-TV18, the undisputable leader in the English Business News genre for 22 years, has continued its dominance with a whopping 88.2% market share during the Union Budget 2023 speech by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
As per the latest data released by the Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC), CNBC-TV18 captured the maximum market share at 88.2%, leaving ET Now far behind at 11.8%. (BARC; market share% 1100-1230 hrs, TG: 22 AB M+, 10L+, Wk 05’23, Budget Speech)
The channel also remained on top throughout the budget day (February 1, 2023). CNBC-TV18 captured over one third of market share and recorded a robust lead against competition.
With the aim of providing viewers a thorough understanding of the Union Budget 2023-24, CNBC-TV18 presented its special programming line-up on the Budget Day.
CNBC-TV18 featured a line-up of renowned experts from business, finance and markets to decode the Budget. Industry titans such as Sanjiv Mehta (HUL), Sanjiv Puri (ITC), Sanjiv Bajaj (Bajaj Finserv), Anish Shah (Mahindra Group), along with market veterans such as Ramesh Damani, Madhu Kela, S Naren, Shankar Sharma, Prashant Khemka, Sunil Singhania, etc. Industry heavyweights such as Tarun Bajaj (Former Revenue Secretary), Sajjid Chinoy (JP Morgan India), Raamdeo Agrawal (Motilal Oswal Financial Services), Dinesh Kanabar (Dhruva Advisors) and Ashok Wadhwa (Ambit) were among the CNBC-TV18 Budget special guest editors, who brought in their expert analysis to the table this year.
CNBC-TV18 has been the industry leader since the resumption of BARC’s viewership data in March of 2022 and has consistently been the most preferred source of English Business News in India.