CNN Intl. honoured for "Best Documentary Program' at Asian Television Awards'10

CNN International has won a 2010 Asian Television Award in the "Best Documentary Program (30 minutes or Less)' category for its show "Eco Solutions-Saving Sumatra'. Produced in the network's regional headquarters in Hong Kong, the show investigated the true cost of palm oil, a product used in everything from soap to chocolate and one that fuels a multi-billion dollar industry. Eco Solutions visited the Indonesian island of Sumatra to find out about the forces causing widespread deforestation.

Anchored by CNN's correspondent Arwa Damon and produced by Constance Cheng, the program traced the changes in the Kampar Peninsula from one of the world's most biodiverse virgin rainforests to a lifeless plain. With over 85% of Sumatra's forests already being depleted, Greenpeace and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations estimate that the remaining 15% are also being depleted at an alarming rate, equalling 50 football fields a day.

"This prestigious award is a testament to CNN's unflagging commitment to quality investigative journalism and the tenacity, diligence and dedication of our journalists" said Ellana Lee, managing editor CNN International Asia Pacific.


News in the domain of Advertising, Marketing, Media and Business of Entertainment

More in Media