COVID Lockdown gives a big fillip to Education Apps, surge by 30%+
This is the fourth part of the report on “Crisis Consumption on TV and Smartphones” released jointly by BARC India and Nielsen Media.
BARC India is the official currency on Television Measurement in India and Nielsen Media runs a 12000 strong smartphone panel in India passively capturing smartphone behaviour.
Some of the Key Highlights of TV and Smartphone consumption during the fourth week of Lockdown are as follows: -
- TV consumptions grows 38% over pre-COVID period now at 1.2 Trillion minutes
- PM’s address on Lockdown extension garnered 4 Bn viewing minutes - the highest of the 4 addresses on COVID-19
- COVID-19 is taking the most mind space with ~40% of top 100 Google searches last week being in COVID and 1 in 8 consumers accessing the AAROGYA SETU app
- Hindi GEC attains all time High Viewership of 4 Bn since 2015 in HSM Urban this week
- Movies show an increase across HSM, while GEC maintains share and continues to lead in South markets
- Top 5 content for digital audiences is a mix of Fiction, History, Mythology and Supernatural
- Premium audiences on Digital clock remarkable growth in time spent on News, Chat, Fitness and Streaming
- The News franchise on Digital is close to 50% now (+25% over PreCovid period) - Video News consumption shows a huge growth of 75% over the PreCovid period
- COVID Lockdown gives a big fillip to Education Apps , Surge by 30%+
- Overall FCT on TV drops by 26% over the PreCovid period- however a 142% increase seen in FCT for Social Ads - Digital ads also showing a slowdown in last week