Cricbuzz launches new World Cup section, targets 75 million users during the tournament
Cricbuzz, a division of Times Internet, is launching a new World Cup section across web and mobile, to capitalize on the major wave of upcoming cricket, with the World Cup and IPL over the next 4 months.
Cricbuzz is the largest mobile app for cricket news and scores in India. During IPL 2014, Cricbuzz was used by over 50 million people, with more than 80% of users on their mobile devices. In January, Cricbuzz users spent over 2.5 billion minutes on the Cricbuzz app (just under 5000 years!), generating 2.6 billion page views.
The new World Cup release features a number of major new features, including:
- ‘Timelines’: go through well-crafted timelines of each tournament since 1975, to relive epic moments
- ‘Records’: the most interesting cricket stats and figures, with a log of past WC matches
- ‘Captains and Kits’: a collection of caricatures of team captains for the last 30 years
- ‘Your Team’: sections dedicated to each team, with history, stats, and easy access
- ‘The Venue’: information on the cities & venues of matches
And as always, Cricbuzz will feature the best editorial content and the fastest scores and alerts. With live reporting straight from the tournament, Cricbuzz will make sure users have the best insights at their fingertips.
Last week, the Cricbuzz app crossed 10 million downloads, making it the first sports app in India to do so, and 4x the size of its nearest competition. Cricbuzz is now in the top 5 sports apps globally, behind ESPNScoreCenter and the official apps of FIFA and the NFL.
Mumbai ke har issue par Uthao Awaaz. Call Mumbai ki Awaaz JEETURAAJ on 1800 2000 983 only on Radio Mirchi 98.3FM Mumbai Mon to Sat 7AM to 12PM Its Hot.