Doordarshan opens up 3-4 pm time band for kids' entertainment
Doordarshan has received a proposal for the time band of 3 pm to 4 pm for telecast of kids shows on DD National. DD has decided to invite counter proposals through the Swiss Challenge Method. The policy encourages transparency.
The key features of this outsourcing is to attract bids for its slots in the genre of ‘Kids Entertainment’ for DD National from interested production houses through Request For Proposal notified on the Doordarshan website.
Highlights of the Swiss Challenge Method:
- The Swiss Challenge Method invites bidders to create and market children’s programme on the channel for a fixed tenure of two years
- The slots offered are 3 pm to 4 pm (one hour) from Monday to Saturday
- The Reserve Price is Rs 2 crore for the first year and Rs 2.75 crore for the second year
- The marketable inventory available to the bidder on DD National in a 60-minute time slot will be 5 minutes
- The last date of submission of proposal is June 30, 2016