Doordarshan revives 80s and 90s programming during COVID-19 lockdown
Doordarshan has revived its popular programming from the 80s and 90s which is considered by many to be the 'Golden Era' of television.
The following shows are scheduled for re-telecast
- Chanakya: 47 episodes, directed by Chandraprakash Dwivedi is planned for daily telecast in the afternoon time bands of DD Bharti from 1st week of April 2020.
- Upanishad Ganga: 52 episodes, produced by Chinmaya Mission Trust and directed by Dr Chandraprakash Dwivedi, also scheduled for afternoon slots on DD Bharti starting 1st Week of April 2020.
- Shaktimaan: the famous serial featuring Mukesh Khanna planned for a 1-hour daily telecast on DD National network from April 2020 at 1 PM.
- Shriman Shrimati: the rib-tickling comedy produced by Markand Adhikari is scheduled for a comeback on DD National from April 2020 in the 2 PM slot.
- Krishna Kali: 18 episodes are scheduled for a daily telecast at 8:30 PM on DD National
Apart from the above television serials, the re-telecast of the following has already begun on 28th March 2020.
- Ramayan: from the stable of Ramanand Sagar’s catalogue comprising 78 episodes(35 minutes each) and 30 episodes(30 minutes each) being telecast on DD National every day at 9 AM and 9 PM
- Mahabharat: 97 episodes (45 minutes) is being telecast in the 12 noon and 7 PM slots.
- Byomkesh Bakshi: 52 episodes telecast for 1 hour daily at 11 am
- Circus: 19 episodes and featuring Shahrukh Khan is being aired at 8 PM
- Hum Hain Na: comprising of 60 episodes has been scheduled starting from 28.3.2020 as a daily serial at @10.00pm on DD National Network
- Tu Tota Main Maina: comprising of 26 episodes has been scheduled as a daily serial from 28.3.2020 everyday @10.30pm on DD National Network