Facebook announces a slew of offerings for publishers & creators in India
Today, Facebook hosted India's first 'Creator Day' in Mumbai, a daylong event uniting video creators from all over the country, to educate and create awareness about its efforts to help them manage their presence, engage their fans, and build their business on the platform.
At the event, Facebook announced that is finding more ways to support Indian publishers and creators build a community of passionate fans and earn money with its new monetization tools:
- Introducing ad breaks - Ad breaks are short ads before or during qualifying videos assist video creators to earn money. Now, creators in India can join ad breaks to get a share of the revenue from the video ads shown to the viewer. Starting today, Ad breaks will available for eligible partners in Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Malayalam and English.
- Brand Collabs Manager - It is a new tool that helps brands find creators to collaborate with for branded content opportunities on Facebook. With Brand Collabs Manager, the creators can quickly create a portfolio so that brands can learn more about them and get in touch easily for brand partnerships. It will be available in India in 2019.
- From the very beginning, video has been exceptional in its effectiveness to connect people through storytelling. It is emotional and personal. It brings people together like no other medium. At Facebook, we strongly believe this presents a huge opportunity to bring back the magic of social experiences around video. With this focus driving us forward, we are constantly working towards building and enabling video experiences that connect people.
- Eligible publishers and creators in India can now join Ad Breaks and monetize their longer-form videos on Facebook that build loyal fan followings.
- Today's launch continues our global expansion to more languages and more countries as we continue to find ways to support publishers and creators globally as they make and upload great videos for their engaged audiences on Facebook. Visit here for the latest information on supported countries and languages.
- Easily Track Eligibility & Join - Publishers and creators can visit fb.me/joinadbreaks, Creator Studio or their Page Video Insights to join Ad Breaks. On these destinations, those that do not yet meet the eligibility criteria can view a graphical representation of their Facebook followers, video views, and Monetization Eligibility Standard compliance to track each Page's progress towards qualifying. To provide greater transparency into Monetization Eligibility Standard compliance, publishers and creators can access a new visualization in Creator Studio that indicates if policy violations are impacting their eligibility for or ongoing ability to monetize on Facebook. They can also see a list of some of these violations, and in some cases submit an appeal directly from the list. Once publishers and creators qualify for Ad Breaks, they can onboard and begin inserting placements for ads in their videos. We are also introducing the ability for Pages to bulk upload large numbers of videos, so they can easily build up their Facebook video presence and earn money for their qualifying back catalogue.
- Best Practices to Program for Success - The cornerstone of achieving and maintaining Ad Break eligibility and earning meaningful revenue starts with creating the type of content that viewers have told us works best with Ad Breaks: longer videos that people seek out and want to come back to.
“The biggest trend that Indian digital industry has witnesses in consumer behaviour, is rapid growth in adoption of video. We're seeing consumer videos exploding on our platform and today, video has become one of the biggest drivers of engagement growth on Facebook. Besides community content, where people share their experiences, we are a platform where professional content creators come to find an audience and also earn money. Facebook Creator Day reinforces our continual commitment to support the publishers and creator community in India, helping them grow and monetize their videos on the platform.” said Paresh Rajwat, Head of Product for Video, Facebook.
Attendees at the event also gained insights into Facebook's efforts to support Indian publishers and creators build and sustain a community of passionate fans and earn money with its new monetization tools. In addition, creators also got the opportunity to share their stories, discuss ideas for future collaborations, swap learnings and test the latest products.