Facebook at the 2015 IIFA Awards
This year, the IIFA Awards got a lot more social. Facebook was on the green carpet to capture the best moments from the stars, presenters and attendees, while backstage, Instagram turned them upside down at the fun anti-gravity booth.
On the green carpet, Facebook had a standalone Q&A booth where stars could stop and answer questions directly from Facebook fans. This allowed fans around the world to ask their favorite stars a question, despite not being there in person. Many stars stopped by the booth on their walk down the carpet. For example:
- Hrithik Roshan & Shraddha Kapoor spoke about IIFA being their favourite place and revealed their craziest stunt. Watch video.
- Style icon Deepika Padukone said that she's actually the most comfortable in pajamas. Watch video.
- Farhan Akhtar revealed that his first (and current) Bollywood crush is Zeenat Aman. Watch video.
- Jacqueline Fernandez talked about the most special gift she's every received— a broach from her grandmother. Watch video.
As they made their way down the carpet, the stars also had a chance to defy gravity (or at least pretend to!) with Instagram's anti- gravity booth. The installation resulted in some pretty incredible photos, in which the celebs appear to be floating in mid-air:
- Shahid Kapoor https://instagram.com/
- Ayushmann Khurrana: https://instagram.
- Riteish Deshmukh: https://instagram.
com/p/4D11BFqQVG/?taken-by= iifaawards (video)
- Tiger Shroff https://instagram.com/
These photos and more were posted to the IIFA's official Instagram account: @IIFAAwards
Sabbas Joseph, Director, Wizcraft International said, “Social Media is a revolution in technology that allows us to interface with events across the world as an almost first-hand experience. It is this pinnacle of interaction that we have tried to achieve through our Facebook campaign this year and I think we have successfully achieved this goal.”
COLORS, the official broadcaster of the show this year, also worked with Facebook to create special moments for fans. Moments after picking their trophies on-stage, winners could stop by the ‘Thank You’ station to say thanks to all of their Facebook fans. Using a ‘I forgot to thank’ card as a fun photo-op, many stars posed for some really candid captures. All the authentic and fun content, made for rich engagement and buzz on the channel’s page. As a special treat to their fans, the channel also shared glimpses of big moments from the show even before the on-air broadcast.
- Anil Kapoor paying an emotional and heartfelt tribute to veteran producer/director Subhash Ghai: https://www.facebook.
- Shraddha Kapoor sharing her excitement about performing at IIFA: https://www.facebook.
- Pics of various stars with the ‘I forgot to thank’ card: https://www.facebook.
Raj Nayak, CEO of COLORS said: “Facebook is almost second nature to the Internet-savvy Indian. Through our partnership with this leading online social networking platform for IIFA 2015, we wanted to bring about a heightened social engagement with our viewers. We were able to bring our real time, rich and entertaining content to the viewers’ second screen. The content on viewers News Feeds went well beyond the content we created with celebrities at IIFA 2015 that was broadcasted on COLORS. Viewers not only got pre-glimpses of what they could expect on television but also behind-the-scenes specials shared via Facebook. This helped us further build anticipation for the main show which was broadcasted on COLORS this Sunday.”