Hansa Research conducts study on Customer Experience on OTT media
Hansa Research has curated a study based on Customer Experience in OTT media. The study was conducted among approximately 800 OTT subscribers in India administered to a consumer panel – Hansa Cheetah.
OTT subscribers were represented from across Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune and Ahmedabad with approx. (75 M: 25F). Brand Exposure (Used) amongst these OTT subscribers in the last 3 months- included Netflix, Prime Video, Hotstar, JioTV, Voot, Zee5, SonyLIV, ALTBalaji amongst other brands.
“Focusing on customer experience now is more critical than ever, with the customer evolving, being more explorative in nature and more ‘polygamous’ in their choice of brands. Today, customer experience is amongst the top ranked strategic priority amongst leading companies, especially in markets where there is intense competition” said Praveen Nijhara, CEO, Hansa Research Group.
Nijhara continued, “Customer experience includes the entire interaction between the customer and the brand across all touch points. It is the sum total of the entire experience including everything from purchase, on boarding, usage experience, advertising, content, communication, customer support channels etc.”
‘Solus’ loyalty is no longer an achievable target for brands in many of the markets/ sectors. This holds true, especially with service providers using a digital platform where onboarding and exiting requires a simple click. The report suggests that on an average, an OTT consumer had engaged with atleast 3 brands in the OTT space in the last 3 months, the survey also found that consumption from multiple brands in the OTT space is higher amongst younger adults,” said Mr V. Sudarshan, VP Hansa Research referring to the OTT CX Study.
Excerpts from the study
- OTT services enjoy a strong word-of-mouth.
- 59% of customers i.e. 6 in 10 OTT customers were found to be strongly advocating the OTT brand used recently.
- The market leaders in the Indian OTT space, are definitely delivering better on customer expectations as compared to some of the smaller brands in the OTT space
- ‘Content’ is and will continue to drive further improvements in customer experience. ‘Better user interface flexibility and features’ as well as ‘Ease of contacting / accessibility incase of issues’ are other areas that have been highlighted as improvement areas
- 1 in 2 OTT customers have customer support amongst the Top 3 gaps in customer experience