LaLiga and GSIC launch a global startup competition
LaLiga and the Global Sports Innovation Center powered by Microsoft (GSIC) launched the 2019 Startup Competition of The Original Inspiration Centre by LaLiga supported by GSIC to find the best technological developments in the sports and entertainment industry. LaLiga and Microsoft started working together in 2016 to contribute towards LaLiga’s usage of technology and innovation to change the way the world consume football.
The digital innovators participation must ensure their disruptors are aimed towards fan engagement, media, smart venues and sports performance in football, sports and entertainment. They should be focused towards the following pillars -
- Media: OTT, broadcasting, social media, digital content, new media, digital marketing, second screens, graphics, analysis, piracy.
- Fan engagement: fan profiles, social media, electronic sports, gamification, social listening, community, commercialisation, VR/AR/MR, digital games.
- Smart venues: security, fan engagement, ticket sales, fan experience, food and beverages, connectivity, cashless payments, access control and guest management.
- Sports performance: analysis, sports training materials, injury prevention, health and lifestyle, research.
- Others such as big data, artificial intelligence, machine learning, etc.
Applications are welcomed till March 30, 2019 and 25 startups will be shortlisted by a jury comprised of LaLiga, GSIC and Microsoft representatives. After the final stage of the competition in May, 10 startups will be selected who could operate a pilot project together with LaLiga. Mentoring sessions, networking opportunities and a digital transformation certificate will be some of the exposure provided to the top 10.
Official website: https://theoriginal.sport-gsic.com/
Commenting about the opportunity for Indian startups, Gary Udhwani, International Business Development, LaLiga India said, “India has been a frontrunner in inventions and digital innovations globally and this is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurs here to collaborate with international companies to showcase their innovations. We strongly believe in development and usage of futuristic technology to take the experience of watching football a notch higher for our audiences so it is going to be exciting to see what all the startups present to us.”