LivCare - special Covid assistance program for employees by Livspace
Safety & employee wellbeing continue to be top priority for Livspace during the second wave of this pandemic. To help employees get the best possible support during these challenging times, Livspace has recently launched the LivCare program.
Speaking about the initiative, Anuj Srivastava, CEO and Co-founder at Livspace said, “LivCare is aimed at offering the best possible support to our employees during this pandemic. During the beginning of this year, in March we already announced 100 % vaccination cost for all our employees, freelance partners and their families. With LivCare we want to go a step further and ensure that the Livspace family is safeguarded from the unprecedented impact of this pandemic.”
The LivCare program is reflective of Livspace’s commitment towards employees’ health and wellbeing. It strives to bring an ecosystem of supportive resources for financial, emotional, physical, mental and medical needs. The key initiatives undertaken in this COVID 19 special assistance program include:
- Care and support to bereaved families: While loss of a colleague & family member is irreparable however Livspace will extend full support to the surviving members of family through financial assistance covering:
- Families of employees we lose, will receive half months salary over 12 months
- Education cover for their school going children for 1 year
- Financial Support: Upto two months of Salary can be claimed as an advance by Livspace employees to help tide over Covid related emergency medical expenses
- Covid Care Leave: A Special Leave of upto 10 working days will be granted to help employees who have tested positive and are under treatment. This will also be extended to employees who are primary caregivers for their family members battling the virus
- Vaccination Cover: All our employees, partners and their dependents will be covered for vaccination. We are partnering with external organizations to facilitate vaccination camps.
- Counselling for mental wellbeing: To help employees and freelance partners cope with emotional and mental stress arising as a part of this pandemic, we will be providing access to free one on one counselling services through our wellness partners to help them strike a balance and focus.
- Meditation and Yoga: Resources will be extended to help employees focus on their physical wellbeing through stay at home, online meditation and yoga sessions.
“The circumstances we are collectively facing today are unfathomable. We as a company want to priorities the health and wellbeing of our employees, partners and their families while allowing them the time needed to recover. Our aim is to come together as one and help our colleagues and families affected with the necessary wherewithal during these testing times”, added Joyita Poddar, Chief Human Resources Officer, Livspace.
Leveraging a collective network of its leadership team and employees, Livspace has successfully mobilized major and minor resource needs including hospital beds, oxygen cylinders, ambulances, medicines and drugs, pet care, childcare services and more. LivCare enables the company to channel all efforts towards riding out the second wave and coming out stronger.