Lockdown relief using branded content – an effective strategy?
After the initial lethargy of the Lockdown, stay at home consumers have figured out new ways to amuse themselves. This is reflected in Google and YouTube search results, where queries about cooking recipes, workout from home, educational content, and DIY have shot up.
According to a Mindshare + Vidooly report, the infotainment, news & politics, entertainment and comedy genres have shot up. The age group of audiences is between 18 and 34 years, a much-coveted segment by advertisers.
One way to reach these audiences is via advertising on social platforms, but brands are leveraging branded content to create value in the lives of their consumers and surreptitiously strengthen the brand awareness and positioning.
In our next Zoom webinar, Adgully has brought together a wide cross-section of marketers from various categories to understand their take on branded content and ask them the biggest question – is it an efficient marketing strategy?
Joining the discussions are:
- Karthik Nagarajan, Chief Content Officer, Wavemaker India (Moderator)
- Aashish Chopra, VP - Content Marketing, ixigo
- Karan Shroff, Vice President - Marketing, Unacademy
- Jatin Chhikara, Lead - Digital Strategy (Global Brand), Royal Enfield
- Arvind R P, Director, Marketing and Communications, McDonald’s (West and South)
- Shailja Joshi, Category Lead, Potato Chips, PepsiCo India
Sameer Saxena, Director of Marketing & Strategy, Legrand India
The session will be conducted on Saturday, July 25, 2020, between 4 pm and 5 pm.