OnePlus set to release a new documentary titled ‘United By Hope’
OnePlus, the global technology brand released the official trailer of its upcoming documentary titled “United by Hope”. The new documentary is *Shot on OnePlus, including the flagship OnePlus 8 Series 5G, and has been produced by VICE Media.
As the world deals with the new normal, OnePlus embarked on a project to document the lives of 12 individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and document their journey. What started as an initial experiment by the brand to gain an understanding of change in individual lifestyles, resulted in a story with one constant theme. One that brings people together during times of uncertainty and empowers them to keep going – Hope. United by Hope is focused on their daily life experiences undergoing change owing to the pandemic.
The cast members also highlight how the true strength of a united community prevails in these challenging times with multiple members reaching out to help the wider community affected by the aftermath of the pandemic.
The cast of OnePlus’ United by Hope documentary include:
- Richa Chadha, critically acclaimed actress who starred in popular movies like Masaan and Fukrey
- Dinesh Karthik, popular cricketer from India team and IPL Captain of Kolkata Knight Riders
- Harjit Bhatti, medical professional at Manipal Hospital contributing to frontline efforts
- Bhaichung Bhutia, former captain of India football team, also considered the torchbearer of Indian football in international arena
- Raghu Karnad, renowned journalist and writer with contributing articles to The New Yorker, The Atlantic and The Guardian.
- Kubbra Sait, prominent actress, author and anchor.
- Abrar Bin Ayub, motorcycle test engineer and racer who created PPE safety gear for the frontline community
- Dynamo, one of the most popular gamers and Youtuber in India with over 8M Subscribers on Youtube
- Shubham Dharamsktu, travel content creator from Johar Valley, Uttarakhand who provided relief support to several stranded foreign visitors in Delhi during the lockdown period.
- Hanumankind, Upcoming homegrown Bangalore based rapper. Popular in the Indian hip-hop scene.
- Supriya Joshi, popular stand-up comedian, actor and writer who has appeared in Amazon Prime’s Comicstaan 2 and Netflix's stand up special Ladies Up, amongst several others.
- David Woolley, OnePlus Community Moderator based in New York, U.S.A
The official trailer highlights a series of unsettled emotions unveiled during the wake of the pandemic this year. And it showcases glimpses of how individuals and the larger community navigated their way through these challenges using the power of hope and positivity. Each cast member appears to successfully find strength through their own positive means and reflect towards finding hope amidst the adversity. And they chose to never settle with thoughts or emotions that kept them low.