Prasoon Joshi Joins One Club Board of Directors
The One Club, producers of the prestigious One Show Awards and Creative Week, today announced that it has established an international Board of Directors for the first time since its inception. Nine new members from eight different countries throughout the world have joined the existing Board of Directors.
The non-profit advertising organization, whose mission is to promote creative excellence, selected the new Board members based on three overriding criteria: Individuals must be prominent international creatives, they must be respected leaders in their given fields, and they must exert tremendous influence in their respective regions.
“With over 21,000 One Show entries from 63 countries last year as well as programs in Europe and Asia, The One Club is more international than ever before,” said Kevin Swanepoel, President of The One Club and a South African transplant in New York. “Although we already have several Board members with international backgrounds, including our Chairman, José Mollá, who began his career in Buenos Aires, we believe that to maintain our international expansion it is critical to have Board members representing The One Club based in key markets where we are seeing a lot of growth.”
The new Board appointments are as follows:
· Ross Chowles, Creative Director at the Jupiter Drawing Room in South Africa
· Nizan Guanaes, Chairman of Grupo ABC in Brazil
· Naoki Ito, CEO/Creative Director at PARTY in Japan
· Prasoon Joshi, Executive Chairman & CEO McCann World Group India & President – South Asia
· Ije Nwokorie, CEO of Wolff Olins in the United Kingdom
· Anna Qvennerstedt, Copywriter, Senior Partner and Chairman of the Board of Forsman & Bodenfors in Sweden
· Dean Sciole, Managing Director of TBWAHakuhodo in China
· Götz Ulmer, Executive Creative Director of Jung von Matt in Germany
· Stéphane Xiberras, Président, Directeur de la création de BETC in France
The Board of Directors is comprised of a diverse group of creative leaders who uphold The One Club’s mission and steer the direction of the non-profit through their vision, insights and support. Past Board members include legends of the industry, such as Sir John Hegarty, Lee Clow, Len Sirowitz, Allan Beaver and Lee Garfinkel.