Redhill strengthens global leadership team
Redhill, a Singapore-headquartered full-service global communications agency, has announced new hires and internal promotions to bolster its senior leadership team across India, the Middle East and Africa, and Southeast Asia.
Pavan Sahu has been promoted to Deputy Managing Director and will continue to accelerate Redhill’s growth in India and Indonesia. Since joining Redhill in 2019 as Senior Director, Pavan has led communications strategies, crisis communications and brand reputation management for Redhill’s office in India, as well as driving communications strategies across Indonesia and Singapore. Some of the key clients Pavan has worked with include Danone, Truecaller, Crayon, Builder.ai and GudangAda. He has also strengthened Redhill’s capabilities in the cryptocurrency space with clients such as Zipmex, DeFiance Capital and Luno.
“Redhill has an established track record of providing robust communication services to our clients in India. We remain fully committed to expanding our footprint and supporting more clients with their communication needs in India, and Pavan’s promotion to Deputy Managing Director marks an important milestone in the four-year growth journey of the India team,” said Marienelle Castelino, Managing Director, Redhill.
Redhill also announced senior leadership appointments and promotions in other regions to drive growth and add depth to the agency’s global operations.
Anit Kurian, based in Dubai, UAE, has been appointed as Managing Director, Middle East, and Africa. In this role, he will be responsible for leading Redhill’s operations in the region. A seasoned communications expert, Anit brings nearly two decades of experience leading clients in different markets and industries and working in global agencies such as Golin and Burson-Marsteller in the MENA region, and Archetype in India.
Umesh Nair has been appointed Deputy Managing Director, leading Redhill’s technology practice and overseeing Redhill’s operations in Malaysia. Umesh has around 15 years of experience in digital marketing and corporate reputation across technology, banking, aerospace, and telecom. Before joining Redhill, he was the Managing Partner at MSL Malaysia, where he strengthened earned media capabilities at Publicis Groupe. He also served as Head of Reputation at Edelman Malaysia.
“We are delighted to welcome Anit and Umesh to the Redhill team. Both Anit and Umesh bring decades of management and communications experience to the table across multiple countries and verticals,” said Pranav Rastogi, Managing Director, Redhill.
Charu Srivastava will lead the government, public and corporate sector at Redhill. Charu joined Redhill in 2019 as Director and during her time has built the company’s government and corporate practice to include a diverse portfolio of clients. Under her stewardship, Redhill recently won key clients in the government, technology and B2B industries, including Singapore’s Ministry of Law, Australia's Victorian Government Trade and Investment, Singapore Business Federation, 2C2P, BigPay, Cloud4C, SC Ventures and Hitachi.
“Our current senior leaders have proven track records and a wealth of experience and expertise to keep up with our rapid growth, which is why we continue to invest in them even as we hire externally. Charu has performed exceptionally well in growing her respective verticals exponentially despite the challenging environment due to the pandemic. Ultimately, I am confident that Pavan, Anit, Umesh and Charu will help take Redhill to new heights in the coming years,” Pranav continued.
Redhill celebrated its seventh anniversary in October 2021. In the last year, Redhill grew by almost 50% and hired 59 new employees, while signing on key clients across verticals such as:
- Travel & Hospitality (Sindhorn Midtown, Retykle, Treeline Urban Resort, Voco Hotels)
- Healthcare & Pharma (Cochlear, CellVec, NSGBiolabs, BD, HealthifyMe)
- Education (Busy Bees, Michigan Ross)
- Luxury & Lifestyle (Vivo, Dji, CloseComfort, SonyLIV, Yours, Style Theory, Marina)
- Food & Beverage (Danone, Fat Belly, Lime House, Beyond Coffee, Spruce)
- Banking & Finance (VP Bank, Oyen, Cover Genius, Vistas Media Capital)
- Fintech & Crypto (BigPay, BidFX, CardUp, Kristal.AI, MarketWolf, Aegis Custody, 2C2P, Zipmex, DeFiance Capital)
- Government (Ministry of Law Singapore, Ministry of Tourism Cambodia, Australia Victorian Government Trade & Investment, Textile & Fashion Federation Singapore, MDEC, Estonia e-residency)
- Technology (Hitachi, Cloud Kinetics, Cloud4C, Glance, InMobi, Bigo Technology, Crayon, Truecaller, The Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT), Lionsbot, BukuWarung)
- Venture Capital (Vertex Ventures, 500, Hive Ventures, SC Ventures, Lightspeed, Good Startup, SoftBank Ventures Asia)
This is a testament to the breadth of the agency’s expertise. Redhill recently enhanced its offering to include digital capabilities with Redhill Studio, which combines creative design with digital expertise.