RepublicWorld's video watch time jumps 65% on Karnataka polls counting day.
RepublicWorld, India’s No.1 English news channel has set a new benchmark for its digital assets on counting day of the Karnataka Elections 2018. The figures recorded on its digital assets are unprecedented and speak volumes about RepublicWorld’s stronghold in the new-media space. Some of the key highlights are as follows:
RepublicWorld’s Video Performance
- Karnataka Election Counting Day data shows 65% growth in video watch time across Republic World’s digital platforms compared to Gujarat Election Counting Day with wider distribution and deeper reach
- At 21.9 million watch minutes, RepublicWorld’s digital consumption stands tall with its broadcast performance (Republic TV watch time on broadcast as reported by BARC was 26.9 million during Gujarat Election Counting Day Coverage)
- Republic World’s HD news feed (For Karnataka election) across all digital platforms delivered 14,600% more watch time than that of the leading HD news channel on broadcast during Gujarat Election Counting Day as reported by BARC
Broadcast Source: - BARC | Target Group:- NCCS AB 22+ | Market:- India |Gujarat Election - 18th Dec’17 | Karnataka Election - 15th May’18
Digital Source: - Bright cove Analytics (Above data does not include numbers from Vodafone Play & Jio OTT platforms)
- Interacts Engagement Performance (Within RepublicWorld App)
- Over 535,000 conversations exchanged by our app users through ‘Talk to Arnab’ chat feature available on the RepublicWorld app. This saw a spike of 4,900% in terms of engagement on the app as compared to its Twitter engagement for Karnataka Election Counting Day
Source: - Google Analytics
RepublicWorld’s Social Media Performance
- Over 7.8 million impressions on Republic World on Twitter and more than 10,000 tweets using the #May15WithArnab hashtag, which alone gathered a potential reach of 296 million. (Data for Karnataka Election Counting Day)
- Over 3.4 million video views of news & analysis updates on Facebook with an excellent audience engagement of 5% and above
Source:- Facebook & Twitter Insights
The extensive data gathered was also presented in simplified and comprehensive visual formats, using technology by data-visualization partner Gramener to delight viewers with accurate and in-depth insights. The coverage was in English and also in Hindi through R. Bharat (Hindi News arm of Republic TV). They also streamed updates live on Republic World’s OTT partner platforms Hotstar, Daily Hunt, SonyLIV, Vodafone Play, Jio and many more.
CEO Vikas Khanchandani was delighted. “Our persistent efforts and elaborate planning before the Karnataka Elections, just like we do before every election, has shown exceptional results,” Khanchandani said. “Our performance on digital platforms goes to show how connected the youth of the nation feel with our brand, and how much they trust us for smart analysis, fast and accurate opinions. Our digital assets are performing at par with our broadcast platform, and all this time we continue to engage newer audiences. A clear indication that RepublicWorld has connected on a trustworthy level with its audience, further building our brand on the pillars of integrity, youth appeal, consistency and top-notch content.”
Republic World is committed to providing exceptional content. Better coverage to their digital viewers through a vast array of new-age digital mediums. Their focus has always been to provide the most accurate and fastest news while enhancing user experience.