‘RISE INDIA Awards’ first episode salutes five COVID crusaders
One of the largest and most awarded private radio networks in India, 93.5 RED FM & Music Plus felicitated five COVID crusaders at first of the 4 episodes of the ‘RISE INDIA Awards’ on 8th May 2020. While the multi-talented actor, Aparshakti Khurana commenced the show with signature poetry, RED FM’s RJ Raunac took over the virtual stage to host the rest of the award show.
Rise India Awards, wholeheartedly celebrated these five COVID heroes from different walks of life who stepped up to fight against the virus in their own capacity:
1. Ayyub Shaikh, a farmer, donated 2500 Kgs of wheat grains and helped more than 160 families who are daily wagers with no source of income during the lockdown.
2. Dr. Sachin Nayak works at Bhopal’s state-run JP Hospital who consciously decided to live out of his car to prevent the spread of the virus at home. His dedication was acknowledged by MP’s Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
3. Shailendra Kawade, Co-founder and Executive Director of Mylab’s R&D, spearheaded the team responsible for designing the COVID-19 testing kit called ‘Patho Detect’ within a turnaround time of six weeks which fastened the testing rate in India.
4. Dayaveer Singh, a policeman, rescued a pregnant woman and took her to Hindu Rao Hospital after the family was waiting for an ambulance for two hours. The woman named her new born baby after the constable who helped her reach the hospital on time.
5. Arjun Bhatti is a 15-year-old golf sensation who sold his trophies and raised Rs. 4.30 Lakhs to donate this amount to the PM CARES Fund.
The show witnessed renowned singers and composers like Amit Trivedi, Rekha Bhardwaj, Shankar Mahadevan, Siddharth Mahadevan, Shivam Mahadevan, Neeti Mohan and Asees Kaur interacting with and paying tribute to the COVID crusaders.
RED FM and Music Plus through this initiative are further encouraging people to nominate their COVID crusaders by logging on to the RED FM India app. The second episode will be streamed on RED FM’s Facebook and YouTube handle on Friday, 15th May 2020 at 8 PM IST.
Stay tuned to 93.5 RED FM for more details!