Star Utsav, Zee Anmol most preferred channels in Maha & UP: Chrome study
A recent survey conducted by Chrome Data Analytics & Media on DD Free Dish in Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh has revealed that a large percentage of television viewers in these two states chose India’s only Free Direct-To-Home Service.
Previously known as DD Direct+, this service was launched in December 2004 and is owned and operated by public service broadcaster Prasar Bharati (Doordarshan).
The survey had a sample size of 2,239 and covered an age group of 15-50 years. The survey is a competitive analyses between Maharashtra and UP DD Free Dish subscribers on various behavioural aspects such as reason for choosing Free Dish, number of people satisfied with Free Dish, preferred genre on Free Dish, awareness on operating the Free Dish tuning and more.
- A large percentage of subscribers in Maharashtra chose DD Free Dish because it is free of cost, whereas one-time payment option attracts customers in UP
- Viewers in Maharashtra and UP are satisfied with the DD Free Dish service
- GEC in Maharashtra (50 per cent) and News in UP (74 per cent) are preferred genres in the respective states
- Subscribers in Maharashtra demand more content in regional languages than in UP
- Star Utsav, Rishtey and Zee Anmol are the top 3 preferred channels in Maharashtra, while in UP the top 3 channels were Zee Anmol, Star Bharat and Star Utsav