The coolest gadget hour on Indian television
Discovery Science brings the latest & most innovative tech toys & gadgets every night at 9 pm.
Discovery Science is the new destination for the finest, the trendiest and the coolest gadgets. With all the latest and future technology, Discovery Science’s THE GADGET HOUR at 9 pm will showcase the world's most innovative vehicles, gadgets and gears. Discovery Science which has pioneered the genre brings new seasons of its popular series – The Gadget Show and Tech Toys 360 to air during THE GADGET HOUR.
Focusing on consumer technology, THE GADGET SHOW features a team of experts as they test a variety of products in their own unique style, making them entertaining and accessible to the viewer. From MP3 players and video cameras, to DVD players and ski jackets with built-in Bluetooth – the series provides information about how the gadgets work and whether they are actually any good. The series also features the top ten gadgets on a budget - exploring the good, the bad and even items you did not know you needed.
Exciting and cutting-edge series TECH TOYS 360 scours the globe to bring access to the most groundbreaking technology of the 21st century. The series explores the most up-to-date high-tech gadgetry, super distinct designs and revolutionary vehicles and meet the innovators behind these modern wonders. From the progressive to the inspiring, experience the latest ultra-fashionable must-haves such as: the automobile that drives underwater; the first all-electric, emission free, affordable car; the technological marvel that uses its infrared laser system to clean homes at the touch of a button; and even a water-propelled jetpack.
Some of the innovative gadgets include:
• Discover the Seabreacher Personal Watercraft, an adrenaline-pumping water vehicle designed to give dolphins a run for their money. Unlike conventional watercraft that only operate on a two dimensional plane, the Seabreacher operates more like an aircraft with full three axis of control – pitch, roll, and yaw. This allows the vessel to carve left and right, jump over, dive under, and cut though the waves. It is even capable of 360 degree barrel rolls on the water!
• Meet famed designer Henrik Fisker as he launches the Fisker Karma, the world's first luxury hybrid electric car. It features a 125 mph (201 km/h) top speed and is capable of reaching 60 mph (97 km/h) from a standstill in 6.3 seconds.
• Get to know more about Lamborghini’s revolutionary new roadster - Aventador J. which accelerates from zero to 60 in 2.9 seconds.
• Ride the world’s first four-door super car - the Savage Rivale’s Roadyacht. It comes equipped with a 6.2 liter petrol V8 that produces 679 PS (670 bhp) at 6200 rpm and 730 Nm (538 lb.ft) of torque at 4800 rpm. It is said to accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h (62.1 mph) within 3.4 seconds, along with a top speed of more than 205 mph (330 km/h).
• Weighing just 30 pounds, The Jet Surf, propelled by a jet pumped direct drive, is a technological achievement in combustion engine science using its specialized materials. It’s the world’s first fully carbon fiber turbine.
• Ducati’s Panigale 1199 is equipped with the most powerful twin cylinder production engine on the planet. Its newly designed V-twin superquadro engine cranks out an eye popping 195 Hp.
• Jetovator is the first ever water-propelled, flying jet bike. It is a water sports accessory that extends the ability of an existing personal watercraft (PWC). The Jetovator does not come with its own power source and requires a minimum of 130 hp personal water craft to operate.
• Discover the FINIS SwiMP3, a music player that lets swimmers hear tunes even while underwater. It provides the highest quality sound in the water without the use of ear buds.
• Videocam Illusion is the first video camera app that lets you record footage with filters, effects and masks, in real time. It can produce a range of creative videos with colour effects, movie styles and clever kaleidoscope tricks.
• Designed by the brilliant mind of Craig Nottage, the Nottage Design G1 pool table is a state-of-the-art glass pool table
From augmented reality glass to smart clothing which can measure a person’s heart rate, THE GADGET HOUR uncovers some of the most exciting and stylish innovations around.