TRAI launches Channel Selector App to give more power to TV subscribers
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has developed a TV Channel Selector App to provide reliable, robust and transparent systems to television subscribers. The App fetches the data of subscriber from respective DPOs platform through APIs. The subscribers will be authenticated by OTP on their registered mobile number (RMN). In case there is no registered mobile number of a subscriber with DPO, the subscriber will get OTP on his/her TV screen.
The App facilitates subscribers to:
- Check their own subscription
- View all channels and bouquets provided by their DTH/ cable operator
- Choose only the channels of interest and remove unwanted channels
- Get optimised solution; get best combination of user selected channels/ bouquets in the same price or in less price
- Facility to add channels in the applicable Network Capacity Fee (NCF)
- Allow users to modify existing subscription
- Check real time status of your subscription request
The Channel Selector App has been made available on both Google Play Store and Apple Store. By using the app, customers of DTH/ cable operators can see their subscription, modify (add/ delete channels) subscription ad set new subscription. Another prominent feature of the app is optimisation of the subscription before it is sent to DTH/ cable operator, therefore subscribers can get best value for money.
I order to make the app more user-friendly, the users can provide their feedback. This Channel Selector App is currently functional with major DTH operators and multi-system operators (MSOs/ cable operators). However, efforts are being made to integrate other service providers also on the platform.