Truebil assigns its creative mandate to Publicis India
Truebil, a leading Mumbai based auto-tech company catering to the pre-owned car marketspace, has appointed Publicis India to manage its creative mandate. Won after a competitive multi-agency pitch, Publicis India has been tasked to strategise and execute a forward-thinking communication plan that would pitch Truebil as a solutions provider with a difference.
Launched in 2015, Truebil uses artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms to predict the ideal price of used cars based on various parameters like the condition of the car, geographical and seasonal factors. It is among the leading new-age start-ups catering to the used car marketplace and is backed by multiple investors, including Kae Capital, Kalaari Capital, Inventus Capital and Tekton Ventures, among others.
On appointing Publicis India as its creative partner, Shubh Bansal, Co-Founder, Truebil, said, “Truebil’s core principles of trust, transparency and high quality are the exact values we wanted in our branding partner. Being a start-up, we have different needs and aspirations that a lot of agencies may not understand. But, after weeks of research and numerous meetings we narrowed down on one of the biggest names in advertising, Publicis India. With Publicis, we knew we had found the ideal partner because of their enthusiasm to work with young brands such as ours along with their years of expertise in the automobile industry.”
On winning the mandate, Suraj Pombra, EVP, Publicis India, said, “Truebil might sound like yet another car sale brand. But when we met them, we were infected by their unique point of view, purpose and ambition, which we know will power them onto quick and large successes. We’re very fortunate that they’ve chosen Publicis as their brand partners. For us agency folk who are accustomed to the big-client, big-brand universe, partnering with passionate start-ups like Truebil is a refreshing and challenging experience. While we’ll bring all our experience and expertise to bear on the tasks at hand, we equally look forward to learning from what is a delightful and enthusiastic bunch of people at Truebil.”
Truebill today offers features like valuation, quick sell guarantee, vehicle buying consulting, smooth paper transfer, loan assistance and insurance, among others. The platform’s key offerings include:
- Truebil Direct: A curated marketplace which enables customers to buy refurbished cars directly from offline stores, with a 1-year comprehensive service warranty, 1-year Roadside assistance, and 1 free servicing.
- TrueScore: The vehicles that Truebil offers to its customers have the advantage of TrueScore, Truebil’s super-efficient rating meter which provides customers a fair idea of the condition of the car. By leveraging a consummate inspection across 150 touchpoints and an advanced AI-driven algorithm which takes into account factors like geography, relative pricing, the condition of the car, seasonality, demand, and supply, the machine factors the most near-unanimous findings for each vehicle is given a rating that accurately captures its performance and health. This ensures that Truebil customers have a ready and convenient way to evaluate the vehicle, leading to more informed consumers.
- TruePrice: For sellers, Truebil’s TruePrice, a proprietary car pricing tool, uses advanced technology to give a data-driven rational assessment of the car’s current value, based on complex pricing models which account for a vast number of variables such as condition, demand supply, seasonality, geography, past data. This ensures that sellers don’t have to worry about being short-changed, and can rest assured that they received the best possible price for the vehicle they are selling.
- Algorithm: With time, having gathered a lot of data, it is now being used to build state-of-the-art, machine learning algorithms. This has now become the backbone of Truebil’s business. It has developed a Recommendation system to personalise user’s experience; Trueprice to predict the selling price of a car; Procurement score to determine the right procurement price of a car; and Dynamic pricing to change the price of a car, based on car’s demand, very similar to flight ticket booking.
- 7 Day Money Back Guaranteed: This scheme offers 100 per cent money-back on all Truebil Direct cars, with the only condition of returning the car within seven days, in an undamaged, untampered condition and driven less than 200 km.
The Truebil team works with sellers to ensure that users get all the data points required to make an informed decision. Add to that, its partners also play a pivotal role in providing end to end auxiliary services and hence further simplifying the lives of users.