Truecaller crosses 1 million paying subscribers
Truecaller today announced that it has crossed 1 million paying subscribers globally, and has added a series of new features to its paid subscription service, Truecaller Premium. Rolled out globally, the premium subscription service will now incorporate several advanced and more powerful spam blocking features that include automatically updating and blocking top spammers in your region. The spam-blocking features are currently available to Android users across all global markets of Truecaller.
Truecaller’s other recently launched subscription service, Truecaller Premium Gold, will also offer the upgraded features under its plan. The gold-themed interface empowers customers by making them stand out from the crowd, hence adding more value and branding to their profile.
The new spam blocking features include:
- Auto update the ever-growing top spammers list powered by Truecaller
- Auto block top spammer list in your region (free)
- Auto block hidden and foreign numbers (free)
- Block numbers that are not in your phonebook (free)
- Block 140 series telemarketers (this feature is for India users only)
Other features available to Premium users:
1. Ads-free experience
2. Who Viewed My Profile: Get notified when someone views your profile
3. Call Recording: Record important conversations and hear them later (Not available in Android 9 and above)
4. Contact request: send contact requests to people outside your network
5. Premium badge: Look professional when you call someone
Speaking on the announcement, Alan Mamedi, CEO & Co-founder, Truecaller said, “We are happy to see this growth, and it makes us proud that users value the benefits of our Premium features. We are also excited to announce these new upgrades that will help us add even more value to our growing Premium users and help them make their communication more safe and efficient.”
The spam-blocking features are available in Truecaller Premium, which is currently offered worldwide at an 80% discount for the first 3 months globally for all new subscribers. In India, the cost of subscription is Rs.10/- per month.