Viu launched in tamil market
Viu, one of the leading OTT Video services by PCCW and Vuclip, has expanded its footprint in India by launching in the Tamil market with localized content, which includes Tamil language Originals, Tamil short films, Korean dramas and curated content for the enjoyment of millennials in Tamil Nadu.
Viu has already emerged as a leading OTT Video service in South East Asia and has captured the hearts and eyes of Hindi and Telegu Millenial Viuers with its Originals such as Love Lust Confusion, Kaushiki, It Happened in Hong Kong, Pilla and Pelli Gola 1 and 2. Viu aims to do the same for Tamil audiences by launching with four new Tamil premium Originals today, award-winning Tamil short films from makers like Manikandan and Venkat Prabhu among others, Korean dramas and a curated set of Tamil movies.
Viu has partnered with several leading players of the Tamil content industry namely:
- AP International Films, a pioneer in South Indian movies entertainment and the largest distributors of Tamil and Malayalam cinema
- Film-maker and producer, Sameer Bharat Ram and Super Talkies
- Leading Digital Content producer Trendaloud from the House of Vision Times
- Established writer, filmmaker and comics creator Nandhini JS,best known for ‘Thiru Thiru Thuru Thuru’
- Noted YouTube content producers Black Sheep and Fully Filmi
Speaking on Viu’s foray in the Tamil market, Arun Prakash, President & COO, Vuclip says, “The youth of Tamil Nadu are unique. They have a perfect balance of modern unbiased outlook and deep-rooted culture and values. They have a unique liking for great stories told with local style and taste. We are here to offer them exactly that through our compelling curated content and fresh Viu Tamil Originals. We are deeply committed to investing in this market to develop the content industry and talent pool to serve the Tamil audience.”