WARC Awards 2020 - Effective Social Strategy shortlist announced
The final shortlist is now released for the WARC Awards, a global search for next-generation marketing effectiveness.
An international jury of industry experts has shortlisted 21 campaigns in the Effective Social Strategy category, which links social strategy to business success.
The campaigns span a wide range of global brands, including Burger King, KFC, Listerine, Mars and SKODA, as well as local brands such as German Rail, El Tiempo daily newspaper in Colombia and Yes on 3 Coalition in the US.
Lex Bradshaw-Zanger, CMO, L'Oréal UK & Ireland and chair of the jury, commented: "This year we have seen amazing work ranging from deep social engagement, to activating real (and fake) celebrities and always excellent creative execution.
"What we look for above all in this category is not simply the use of social media but true social engagement across the community and the participation of the consumer. More than ever, where the consumer has a deep connection with the brand, and therefore chooses to engage, with or without strong media budgets, we see business results."
The WARC Awards 2020 - Effective Social Strategy shortlisted campaigns are:
- Bring Back the Idols · Snickers · Mars Japan · BBDO Japan ·Japan
- No Need to Fly - Around the World in Germany · German Rail · Ogilvy Germany · Germany
- Sebarkan Kata Seharum Bunga - Spread Good Words as Fragrant as Flowers · Listerine · Johnson & Johnson Sdn Bhd · ensemble worldwide, Universal McCann · Malaysia
- #WomenRewriteWomen · El Tiempo · MullenLowe SSP3 · Colombia
- Celebrating Subcultures · Burger King · Restaurant Brands International · MullenLowe US · United States
- Twitter Bait · Burger King · Restaurant Brands International · MullenLowe US · United States
- #NotAJoke · Change the Ref · MullenLowe US · United States
- Go Get Gifted · JetBlue · MullenLowe US · United States
- Hidden Flag · The Federation (FELGTB) · LOLA MullenLowe · Russian Federation
- Be a Masshole, Not an Asshole · Yes on 3 Coalition · MullenLowe US · United States
- Scroll-Thru · KFC · Yum! Brands MENAPKT · Memac Ogilvy · Middle East (general region)
- Who said men don't cry? · Burger King · Restaurant Brands International · Wunderman Thompson KSA · Saudi Arabia
- Hesitation · SKODA · RE-MIND PHD · France
- Great Work - WWF's Black Friday twist · WWF · Facebook Creative Shop · United Kingdom
- How KFC's #1 fan charmed millions · KFC· QSR Stores Sdn Bhd · Reprise · Malaysia
- The Return of an Icon · Mamee Monster · Mamee Double Decker · Reprise · Malaysia
- RDFL - Young Bride · RDFL - The Lebanese Women Democratic Gathering · Wunderman Thompson Beirut · Lebanon
- Unilever Makes You The Steadiest Football Zombie · Unilever Malaysia · ensemble worldwide, Mindshare · Malaysia
- Repurposed Meals · Puck · Arla Foods · FP7 McCann Dubai · United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia
- The Gift of Social Commerce · Lady's Choice · Unilever · Ogilvy Philippines Inc. · Philippines
- Everyone is an Amazing Book · Amazon Prime Reading · Amazon China · McCann Worldgroup China · China
The WARC Awards are currently being judged by international senior figures from both brands and agencies. The winning papers will be announced throughout May and June 2020.