WATConsult launches its new property - WATInsights
WATConsult, India’s leading and most awarded digital and social media agency, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network, has launched a new property called WATInsights, under its market research division, Recogn.
WATInsights will offer periodic reports which provide powerful insights and trends on the Indian digital landscape. Through these reports, WATConsult aims to help marketers understand the digital consumer better and translate the insights into actionable strategies.
The first report released is based on the usage of brand apps and their impact on brand consideration. Below are the key findings of the study:
· 81% of respondents are currently using or have used brand app(s), while 19% have never used them
· Majority of the respondents use news related brand apps followed by over-the-top (OTT) apps and business / finance apps
· 76% of respondents discovered brand apps through their friends and family and 66% were influenced by them to install
o 46% discovered via ads featured on traditional media platforms (TV, radio, newspapers) and 48% were influenced by them
o 58% discovered brand apps via in-built app stores and 40% were influenced. Surprisingly, 20% discovered brand apps at the point of purchase and installed them straightaway
· Relevance, Usability and Entertainment are the factors essential for improving the satisfaction levels of brand app users
· A large majority of users are more likely to purchase a brand product / service after using the brand app than watching the brand’s add on media
Speaking on the same, Rajiv Dingra, Founder and CEO, WATConsult said, “The changing demographics and technologies have brought about a shift in the way consumers engage with brands, products and services. The customers’ purchase and consumption behaviour is in a state of constant flux and marketers need to keep pace with this to stay relevant. Keeping this is mind, we have launched WATInsights, which will showcase industry insights and help marketers take better decisions in creating campaigns.”
The entire report can be viewed on – http://recogn.in/watinsights.
WATConsult, which recently celebrated its 10th Anniversary, is headquartered in Mumbai with branch offices in Delhi and Bangalore. Now a part of Dentsu Aegis Network, it has received more than 100 awards and recognitions in the field of social media marketing. These include the prestigious global DMA echo in San Diego, ‘The most progressive digital agency award’ at CMO ASIA Singapore, ‘The social media agency of the year 2014’ at Socialathon Delhi, ‘Boutique Media Agency of the year’ at Media Ace Awards, Mumbai, the Campaign Agency of the year India (Bronze) at the Campaign Asia Awards and the Digital Agency of the year at DOD awards 2016.