What is SMM in Digital Marketing and its role in digital growth
Social media marketing is an umbrella term under the wide gamut of digital marketing. Digital marketing encompasses the wide array of digital solutions for targeted, tailored and goal-oriented marketing of an individual, brand, product or service. Social Media is online media that accelerates conversation, and allows users (readers/viewers/listeners) to generate content and participate, as opposed to traditional media, which only delivers
untouched content. It is an online gathering of interactions, ideas, comments and commentaries.
Role of Social Media Marketing
- Allows people to share various forms of media like photos, videos and music
- They allow users to submit, share and
comment on various media items which helps in understanding what strategy is actually enabling followers to react and their veracity.
- Artificial simulation programs that provide projections in the virtual space regarding their business/product/ services and profiles
- These simulated environments allow users to inhabit and interact through avatars or their virtual persona. It also helps in social interactions and brand building in artificially created environments that are
- Collaborative web portals that allow
multiple users to add or edit content
- Basically the content on social media is crowdsourced and anyone is allowed to update it. It enables participative contribution which leads to robust user generated content
- Provides news from across the world
- Allows users to discover, rate and share content
Social Media started in the year 1978 and it rapidly growing to shape online gathering of
interactions, ideas, comments and
commentaries. Social Landscapes are divided in various categories in terms of type of content and the activity. 4.5 billion active users are there on social media sites and SMM has become an integral tool for any marketer today.
Paull Young said, “Inspiration is the most important part of our digital strategy.” Social media marketing is commercial promotion conducted through social media websites. Many companies promote their products by posting frequently with inspiring updates and providing special offers through their social media profiles. Smm panels are the best way to do a great social media campaign. Videos, interactive quizzes, and sponsored posts are all a part of this operation. Usually these ads are found on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat.
A potent example of digital marketing is mobile advertising. It is an ad copy delivered through wireless mobile devices such as smartphones, feature phones, or tablet computers. Mobile advertising may take the form of static or rich media display ads, SMS (Short Message Service) or MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) ads, mobile search ads, advertising within mobile websites, or ads within mobile applications or games (such as interstitial ads, "advergaming," or application sponsorship).
While when this ad copy is published on social media applications in a bid to attract eyeballs, start a conversation or simply for conversions and engagement, then it falls under the ambit of SMM. "Unlike newspapers, social media is
like a flash-comes, goes, returns again
and again. It impacts. A line needs to be
drawn separating the profession of media from 'talkers' using technology for entertainment, self expression, harassment, propaganda and crime".
In a nutshell, Social media is an integral part of digital media and should not be confused with other forms of news media. It is a confluence of social life into digital platforms for engagement and growth. All you need is a cheap smm panel and you can start your social media marketing journey.