Woo Tops the List of Top 10 Dating Apps: IMRB
Scanning of prospective groom/bride by the respective parents is increasingly being considered old fashioned and mundane. With advent of dating apps in India, people have now started to taste the fun it brings in with it and seem to enjoy the thrill and excitement these apps offer. Targeting the young and happening urban populace these apps are the most sought after platforms for those looking for a partner, a friend or just a fling.
Recently IMRB conducted a study encompassing top dating apps in urban India. Akhil Almeida, Head - Digital Practice at IMRB International says, “The impact of mobile phones and smartphones in particular are changing the way urban Indians connect with each other. Nowhere is this more apparent than in our changing approach to relationships and dating. Dating apps provide an environment where the expectations are already set. Whether you’re looking for romance, a long-term partner, or a casual fling – there’s an app out there. The topology of courtship is changing, and it was for this reason that we felt that this space warranted a closer look.”
Here are the top ten Dating apps as per this study:
Source: Mobi Track IMRB’s proprietary Mobile Audience Measurement panel
- Mobi Track is IMRB’s proprietary Mobile Audience Measurement panel comprising of 3,500 active panel members. The panel usage data from this data is projected to an All India Universe of active mobile internet users (those who access Internet at least once a week using mobile phones) in urban India
It provides real-time, in-depth understanding of usage and behaviour for both data and non-data mobile usage by tracking a variety of metrics:
- Voice, Text and Data usage
- Network quality parameters (voice and data)
- Events tagged to geo locations
- Browser as well as App usage
- Audience Measurement reports gives GRPs for various mobile web properties and even text messages.