Zee Marathi brings fresh content with a mission to begin again
The year 2020 has witnessed unparalleled change across sectors. Even as delivering fresh content to viewers became challenging, Zee Marathi recognised the need to continue enriching the viewers’ lives with extraordinary entertainment and create a platform as an activating agent to support all businesses as they return to normalcy. As Maharashtra moves forward with ‘Mission Begin Again’, the leading Marathi language entertainment channel, Zee Marathi, is geared up with a robust action plan for its audiences.
Even as the shooting is yet to resume, Zee Marathi has launched fresh and engaging content, completely filmed from home, staying true to its promise of providing quality entertainment in all situations. Viewers can catch three new shows in the first wave of launches that reflect positivity, familiarity and optimism.
- Giving every morning a positive start & addressing the current uncertainties is Ved Bhavishya, a spiritual show hosted by renowned astrologer Bhagre Guruji, an audience favourite.
- Making its return is the cult show Home Minister, in a new virtual format. Continuing its 15-year legacy, the show will entertain & celebrate homemakers across Maharashtra.
- The channel has also launched Gharat Basle Saare – a comedy show hosted by the renowned ventriloquist & puppeteer Ramdas Padhye & his ensemble of puppets, adding some much-needed levity to family time every evening.
Viewers of Zee Marathi will also be able to explore the taste palettes of different regions in Maharashtra with the upcoming show Mast Maharashtra.
Zee Marathi will also launch a series of 1-minute episodes of all its pre-lockdown Prime time fiction shows across its social media assets, reuniting audiences with their beloved characters. These episodes aim to drive curiosity amongst the viewers, who are waiting for their regular favourites to start gracing the small screen again.
In its second wave of launches, Zee Marathi’s upcoming original content promises to add more flavour to viewers’ evening prime time. In these extraordinary times, Zee Marathi has stayed true to its promise of not only keeping its viewers entertained and engaged, but also supporting various businesses fight the impact of the virus. Zee Marathi will be organising a first of its kind webinar series featuring business leaders across various segments. It will showcase the steps taken by businesses to ensure customer safety.
Reiterating this commitment, Mr. Amit Shah, Cluster Head – North, West & Premium Channels, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. says, “In these changing times, what stays constant is Zee Marathi’s commitment to creating avenues that will deliver maximum value for all stakeholders, viewers & businesses alike. As Maharashtra starts Mission Begin Again, we at Zee Marathi would like to extend complete support in restarting the economic journey. This is a battle that can only be won by standing united and to that extent, we are ready with our best work to lead the way forward.”
Zee Marathi’s unwavering commitment to entertain Maharashtra in any situation was evident in its lockdown programming line-up which enabled it to retain market share and stay the undisputed leader in the Marathi GEC segment.
Even during the lockdown period, Zee Marathi created maximum value for its stakeholders – from audiences to sponsors to the entertainment fraternity. Mr. Nilesh Mayekar, Business Head, Zee Marathi adds, “Bringing a smile to our dear audiences during tough times is the earnest effort and focus of the team. With this aim, we are not only ideating on newer ways to connect with our audiences but also working on existing shows and the future line up, to ensure that the bond is stronger than ever, when we come back.”
Comprising the best of Marathi entertainment & drawing from over 21 years of rich content, the channel kept audiences entertained with back to back episodes of its cult comedy show Chala Hawa Yeu Day, event mash-ups that brought together acts featuring the biggest stars of Bollywood and Marathi entertainment, episodes of trendsetting shows that comforted & entertained audiences in equal measure also taking new initiatives to offer fresh content to its consumers.
- Zee Marathi acquired 3 new shows from OTT platforms for its viewers. With an eminent star cast and story relevance to current times, the shows delivered extraordinary entertainment amidst the lockdown, giving audiences engaging content to watch and advertisers an active platform to reach audiences.
- Adapting its strategy to the changing mindset. The lockdown also created a seismic shift in audience’s media consumption patterns leading Zee Marathi to adopt a more agile strategy across its social assets. Its pre-lockdown strategy aimed at driving tune-ins was recalibrated to focus on community building, fostering an active audience pool loyal to the channel brand.
- Creating tailor-made solutions for clients. The lockdown and social confinement did not restrict the teams from creating unique tailor-made solutions for clients. A unique anthem was created by Zee Marathi’s lead characters, shot from their homes using various technology solutions to help drive the message ‘We Can & We Will’ for SBI Life. The channel also catered to multiple real estate clients like Rutu Group, Greenland Farms & Nirvana Realty with engaging solutions.
- Music unites all, music heals all…celebrating 25 years of SaReGaMaPa through an iconic concert. As the country’s longest running singing reality show SaReGaMaPa completed 25 years, a mega event celebrating the power of music was curated by the teams. The 25-hour music marathon was shot completely from home utilizing various audio & video production solutions. This industry-first initiative paved the way for the industry to create fresh content even within the confines of one’s home.
Zee Marathi also focused its efforts on creating engagement driven campaigns aimed at building a strong, active online community converting digital users to active brand evangelists which would strengthen the channel in the long term. The channel launched a series of lockdown campaigns starting with LIVE Lockdown Digital Series - a live interactive session with celebrities during the lockdown, giving audiences a unique glimpse in their lives and hobbies. It delivered 72.7% higher average impressions, 80.5% higher engagement and 2.5% higher reach & views as compared to any video post in the initial weeks of lockdown by the channel. In a first, Zee Marathi also conducted a Digital Watch Party on Facebook curating 41 “Best of Zee Marathi” clips encouraging virtual group viewing. Weekly trivia and interactive game posts that kept audiences involved with their favorite TV characters were also activated.