Adobe: 75% Indian consumers prefer personalised digital advertising
A new Adobe Digital Insights (ADI) report on the Indian market has revealed that over 75% of surveyed consumers prefer personalized advertisements, indicating the immense potential for marketers to deliver customized and engaging digital experiences. According to the report, a majority of consumers in India find online ads more relevant and appealing than advertising seen on other platforms including television, radio and print. The ADI insights also revealed that social media platforms are improving in delivering relevant content and ads, as per 72% of surveyed consumers.
Mickey Mericle, Vice President, Marketing & Customer Insights, Adobe, highlighted that the findings of the ADI report reinforce India’s rapid digital transformation story and demonstrate how consumers’ increasingly online beheviour patterns are changing the dynamics of marketing in the country.
“Personalized experiences are key to winning customer confidence, and brands in India are strongly positioned to ride on this trend by leveraging the digital wave sweeping across the country. The ADI data clearly establishes that India’s vast millennial population is the most positive on the relevance of advertising they see today, and perhaps more appreciative of marketers’ efforts to drive relevance, as they started online in time when efforts were rudimentary and less effective. We see this boosting the confidence of marketers embracing digital strategies to drive businesses goals and deliver enhanced customer experiences.”
The report captures responses between February 1 – 17, 2017 from over 3,000 consumers and 300 marketers across India, South Korea and Australia concerning their views on digital advertising; with India having over a third of the respondents share.
The findings of the ADI study were announced at Adobe Symposium 2017, the leading industry conference for customer experience and digital business transformation held in Mumbai earlier today, drawing participation of over 1,200 industry leaders, digital marketing experts and inspirational speakers. The conference paved the way for brands to transform into Experience Businesses and was spearheaded with a keynote address by Shantanu Narayen, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Adobe.
Other spotlight findings for India include:
Consumer Specific Findings
- 63% Indian consumers are comfortable with brands they use regularly using their personal data to customize website content, emails, and advertising.
- As compared to markets such as Australia and South Korea, majority of Indian consumers believe that marketers today are usually respectful of their digital privacy.
- Indian consumers say that the ads most likely to attract their attention are those focused on product benefits, indicating a maturing consumer landscape in the country.
- Mobile devices are an important medium for Indian consumers to consume video content. Consumers say they spend an average of 34% of their video viewing time on mobile, and that is 41% for those 18-34.
Digital Marketer Specific Findings
- In terms of advertising technology investment for 2017, optimization is the area most likely to be rated as a high priority for Indian marketers.
- In 2016, marketers felt that smartphone advertising was their most underinvested media spending. This stood at 89 percent for the Indian market.
- Most marketers in India expect their programmatic investment to increase in 2017.
- When it comes to programmatic advertising, audience targeting is the most likely top benefit cited by digital marketers in India.
- As far as concerns related to effectively targeting consumers with personalized ads, marketers cite technology limitations related to pulling the available data together for personalization.
“With its robust smartphone growth, internet proliferation, and tech savvy millennial population – the Indian market is uniquely positioned, and increasingly leading the way on digital adoption trends that are shaping the lives of consumers and marketers across the globe. Major brands in India across verticals including Retail, Media & Entertainment, BFSI and Government are already demonstrating evolved digital strategies for effective customer engagement. We are seeing that marketers in India are ready to embrace the digital mindset more than ever before, and acknowledge the significance of a solid digital marketing strategy towards delivering amazing customer experiences that drive real business impact,” said Kulmeet Bawa, Managing Director, Adobe South Asia.
Aimed at addressing the digital marketing requirements of brands across the globe, Adobe Experience Cloud is a comprehensive set of cloud services designed to give enterprises everything needed to deliver exceptional customer experiences. Comprised of Adobe Marketing Cloud, Adobe Advertising Cloud and Adobe Analytics Cloud, Experience Cloud is built on the Adobe Cloud Platform integrating with Adobe Creative Cloud and Document Cloud. Leveraging Adobe Sensei’s machine learning and artificial intelligence capabilities, Adobe Experience Cloud combines world-class solutions, a complete extensive platform, comprehensive data and content systems, a robust partner ecosystem delivering an unmatched expertise on experience delivery.
For more information on the research results, see link.
Follow Symposium conversations on Twitter with #AdobeSymp.