Average ad volume up 3% in first 22 matches of IPL 15: TAM Sports

As Season 15 of the Indian Premier League (IPL) progresses, the advertising activity is now seeing an upswing. As per TAM Sports data, when comparing 22 matches from IPL 15 and IPL 14, the average ad volume per channel has seen an increase by 3% in the current season.

While looking at the 22 matches of IPL 15, the number of Categories and Advertisers grew by 9% and 5% in the last 11 matches, respectively, as compared to the first 11 matches.

During the first 22 matches, the Top 5 categories’ list had 4 categories from the ‘E-commerce’ Sector with 33% share of the Ad Volumes in IPL 15. Pan Masala category was placed 2nd with a share of 7%. The Top 5 categories together had a 40% share of the Ad Volumes in IPL 15. While the Top 5 categories had accounted for 33% share of the ad volumes in IPL 14.

Four out of the Top 5 categories were common between IPL 14 and 15 in the first 22 matches – E-com Gaming, E-com Wallets, E-com Education, and Pan Masala. In IPL 15, E-com Online Shopping makes an entry at No. 5 in IPL 15, while Aerated Soft Drink was ranked No. 2 in IPL 14.

Sporta Technologies was the only common advertiser among Top 5 advertisers during IPL 15 and IPL 14. The Top 5 Advertisers contributed 22% share of the Ad Volumes during 22 matches of IPL 15. Vini Product, KP Pan Foods, DreamPlug Technologies (Cred) and Tata Digital (Tataneu App) are the other Advertisers in the Top 5 list in IPL 15.

Century Ply was the top exclusive brand on Hindi+English language Sports channels, followed by Panasonic Smart AC, Jaquar Bath + Light, Google Search Engine and Paisabazaar.Com.

Aerated beverage brand 7 Up led the exclusive brands on Regional sports channels, followed by Asian Paints Apex Ultima Protek, Havells Super Speed 400, Realman Deodorant and Hero Xpulse 200 4V.

Total 103 brands advertised on both Regional and Hindi + English sports channels during the first 22 matches of IPL 15. Dream11.com was on top among the common brands, Kamla Pasand Silver Coated Elaichi, CRED, Tataneu App and Spotify App.


News in the domain of Advertising, Marketing, Media and Business of Entertainment