BookMyShowâ€™s charity initiative BookASmile recognises COVID Heroes
With 2020 behind us and a world of possibilities awaiting this year, BookMyShow, India’s leading entertainment destination, welcomed 2021 on a positive note with its charity initiative BookASmile’s annual event – Year End Success Stories (YESS). In the second edition of YESS, BookASmile recognised and celebrated the extraordinary work done by beneficiaries across the country, during the pandemic.
Hosted by leadership coach and inspirational speaker Jeroninio Almeida, YESS 2020 was an evening dedicated to the Magnificent 7 – selected beneficiaries who put their personal challenges aside and worked tirelessly beyond their call of duty to pay it forward to society. From artists supporting other artists, to the lead clown from a popular Mumbai based circus ensuring that his community is taken care of, the event featured several such stories from different pockets of India. These soulful stories were narrated by the Heroes speaking about their humanitarian journey and efforts during the pandemic. Each hero was then honoured by well-known artists including theatre personality Anahita Uberoi, country music artiste Bobby Cash, ex-Naval officer and clown-magician Pravin Tulpule, Palate Culinary Studio & Academy founder Rakhee Vaswani, five-time national squash champion Ritwik Bhattacharya, award-winning singer and composer Sonam Kalra, Hindustani classical violinist & vocalist Sunita Bhuyan and poet & leading voice over artist Nasir Khan. The event was concluded by an interactive Q&A session.
Commenting on the event, Farzana Cama Balpande, Head – BookASmile said, “When we launched YESS in 2019, our aim was to create a platform that recognises path-breaking, inspiring stories of people who have defeated hardships to achieve their dreams. This year, with the pandemic disrupting every walk of life, we saw the emergence of many real-life heroes who stepped up to make a significant difference in and around their community. YESS 2020 is celebration of the goodness in people, with the hope that many others will get inspired and make this world a better place to live in.”
Magnificent 7 (YESS Heroes)
- Biju Puskaran - Lead clown & senior artist at Rambo Circus, Mumbai
- Nisha Vishvakarma - Community leader for skill building workshops at NGO Vathsalya Charitable Trust, Bangalore
- Prince Mulla - Singer, song writer & music composer, founder of the ‘Artists for Artists’ initiative
- Rizwan Bendigeri - Athletics coach at NGO Bridges of Sports in Mundgod, Karnataka
- Dr. Shung Ming Chiu - Doctor and volunteer at the Commonwealth COVID Care centre, supported by the NGO Doctors for You, Delhi
- Sulendar Kumar Mahato - Youth leader & driver, e-Arth Kala Manch program at the NGO Project Potential, Bihar
- Chanda Sahu – Youth football coach at NGO YUWA in Ranchi
You can watch the event here – https://fb.watch/3ixbLtmhyz/