Karan Johar makes restaurant like soup using Knorr
In a departure from its traditional protagonists - women, Knorr Soup has launched a TVC campaign featuring Bollywood Producer, Director, writer and actor Karan Johar.
A rainy night brings a guest to Karan Johar's doorstep at 3 am and the film intimates us about the possibilities through innuendo and his facial expressions. What followed was an insane turn of events. At the end, Knorr Soup communicates its brand positioning of making restaurant like soup at home!
The campaign is live on social media, digital and television platforms since October 31st.
Spokesperson from Knorr Soup said, “Knorr is a progressive and inspirational global food brand, which promises “restaurant-like taste at home”. Our new campaign attempts to communicate this promise by ‘unstereotyping’ food advertising. Karan Johar is someone who embodies emerging progressive cultural shifts and we are delighted to have him as our brand ambassador”
Spokesperson from Lowe Lintas said, "The idea was to tell newer stories in the category. To explore fresher characters and situations. While doing these, the focus was still to land our proposition of 'restaurant- like soup'. Hence the story is focused on an occasion where it would be impossible to get 'restaurant soup' yet Karan manages to make it with Knorr."
- Knorr – One Night with Karan #WhatsCooking
- Client: Hindustan Unilever
- Brand: Knorr
- Agency: Lowe Lintas, India
- Creative Team : Sagar Kapoor, Goral Ajmera, Karan Shrinket, Rajesh Sutar
- Account Management : Anaheeta Goenka, Geetanjali Saini, Amla Nair
- Brand Planning : Aditi Patwardhan, Vineet Singh
- Production House : Off-Road Films
- Director : Gauri Shinde
- Music : Aman Pant
- Executive Producer : Khalil Bachuali
- Producer : Madhuri Joshi & Abhirama