Tata Motors ‘Ghar Lao Gold’ Contest winners felicitated by Akshay Kumar
Encouraging self-employment and entrepreneurship in India, Tata Motors is excited to announce the winners of the ‘Ghar Lao Gold’ contest – a competition aimed to discover entrepreneurs with the most creative ideas, comprising the Tata Ace Gold. The five lucky winners have each won a brand-new Tata Ace Gold worth Rs. 3.82 lakhs handed over by the superstar and brand ambassador of Tata Motors Commercial Vehicles, Akshay Kumar. The winners and the budding entrepreneurs, with the legendary Tata Ace Gold will look to implement their innovative ideas and turn it into a reality.
Here is a brief introduction of the 5 budding entrepreneurs, who participate and emerged victorious in the Ghar Lao Gold contest. Out of 25,645 participants, this outstanding bunch proved their mettle.
- Gurinder Singh – A 50-year old automobile spare parts marketing professional from Delhi, who left his job of 20 years to venture on his own. His idea with Tata Ace Gold is to establish his own automobile spare parts logistic business from the scratch.
- Roma Roy – A homemaker and wife of an NTPC employee from Korba, whose dream is to start a mobile theme-based restaurant. Her business venture will be one of a kind in her neighbourhood from where she belongs.
- Aniketh Roy – A local boy from a small village in Silchar, Assam known as Saidpur. His great vision is to help all the farmers in his village with agricultural goods transportation to prevent wastage and aid them to earn better living. He envisions to expand his aid to the farmers in nearby villages in future.
- Anish Kumar – A well-qualified Mechanical Engineer who belongs to Patna, Bihar wants to pursue his dream while serving the society. His idea is to start a road repairing business where he aims to repair potholes on the road. According to Anish, those potholes on the road cause numerous accidents in a year. He envisions becoming India’s largest road repairing contractor in coming years so, he can make every road perfect in our country
- Rahul Tak – He hails from Ajmer, Rajasthan and his expertise is in servicing the heart of electrical transformers which is called OLTC(On Load and No Load Tap Changer) and it requires small quantity of transformer oil periodically. Rahul’s business idea is to start a small practice where he will install a small servicing unit in Tata Ace Gold and service transformers in his mobile vehicle as per customer’s requirement.
Brief description of the winners and their ideas.
Congratulating the winners on their entrepreneurial outlook, Mr. UT Ramprasad, Head – Marketing and Brand Communications, Commercial Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors said, “A winner is someone who recognizes his talents, works towards developing them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals. Our Ghar Lao Gold campaign was aimed at fostering entrepreneurship, across the country and received overwhelming response. We would like to congratulate the budding entrepreneurs for their creative ideas and look forward to assisting them in achieving their goals.”
The ‘#GharLaoGoldContest received an overwhelming response with over 25,645 entries in just a span of two months. All the top 20 finalists were mentored by a group of esteemed judges and the top 5 winning business ideas were adjudged as the champions. Extending its sincere thanks to all the applicants, Tata Motors will be assisting each of them as they expand their creative ideas. On an average, in every 3 minutes, an Ace has created a new business, generated employment and inspired entrepreneurship opportunities, thus transforming lives in the remotest areas in India.
Strategically designed to perform all tasks for the last mile movement, the Ace continues to remain the preferred choice of Indian entrepreneurs and small businesses in the country. Through the ‘Ghar Lao Gold’ contest, Tata Motors continues to inspire the new generation of up-and-coming entrepreneurs.