The ixigo Skill for Amazon Alexa is Now Available in India
Leading travel marketplace, ixigo has launched the ixigo skill for Amazon Alexa in India. The ability of this skill to understand and analyze almost any travel query has revolutionized travel planning. Travellers will now be able to take advantage of voice assisted travel planning and ask Alexa to track the status for a particular flight, search for flights within a specific budget and even search flights for the date of their choice, among much more.
Commenting on this, Rajnish Kumar, CTO & Co-founder, ixigo said - “We have always believed that when it comes to travel, personalization is key! We have been at the forefront of cutting-edge innovation using machine learning, AI and natural language processing to develop products that connect with travellers, and allow them to plan their travel with ease. We believe, as voice accuracy continues to improve, such voice-based services will become an integral part of our daily lives, just as travel is.”
Adding to this, Dilip R.S., Country Manager, India, Alexa Skills, Amazon India said - “Customers will love how convenient it is to simply ask Alexa and plan their next travel using the ixigo skill. The convenience of talking to an expert for your specific travel needs is always a great experience. Be it Nagpur, Trivandrum or Coimbatore, #JustAsk Alexa and get started on your next journey.”
How it works:
- Users can simply enable the ixigo skill and link to their ixigo account using the Alexa app
- Users can then open the ixigo skill for Alexa with a selection of prompts such as, "Alexa, open ixigo”, or “Alexa, ask ixigo to search for flights to Mumbai on April 16th”.
- Alexa will respond with, “Welcome to ixigo, you can ask me to find flights to a destination, ask when is your next trip or ask where you can fly to for 10,000 Rupees, what would you like to do?
- Users can then choose the option they prefer.
- Alexa will then give the lowest fares after comparing all airlines. On user confirmation, booking link will be sent to customer’s registered contact details.
The ixigo skill is available on all devices that support Amazon Alexa such as the Amazon Echo Dot, Echo, Echo Plus, as well as Harman Kardon Allure and Eufy Genie smart speakers.
For More Related Stories Visit Here.