Court upholds Republic TV's right to air the Hansa report
The City Civil Court of Greater Bombay has upheld the Network’s right to air the Hansa report which detailed the TRP manipulation case. The Court has also said that Hansa has not challenged the veracity of the document aired on Republic.
While the Hansa report had named India Today and not Republic, Param Bir Singh in his news conference framed a narrative that it was Republic that was accused of TRP manipulation.
The coming of the Court order means:
1. REPUBLIC WAS RIGHT TO AIR HANSA REPORT: Republic was in its right to broadcast Hansa complaint that busted Param Bir’s elaborately publicised lies The court said, “ It was natural for the media house to use its news channel to defend itself against the charge of manipulation of TRP ratings and disclosing the documents which support their case of innocence.”
2. HANSA DOESN’T CONTEST VERACITY OF REPORT: Hansa does not contest the veracity of the complaint put out by republic, which means that they have vouched for the fact that their complaint document which details the entire TRP manipulation scam did not once name Republic, but named another channel.
3. PARAM BIR SINGH’S LIE CRUMBLES: The court has noted that the Hansa report is not challenged vis-a- vis authenticity which essentially crumbles Param bir’s whole concocted case against Republic
4. REPUBLIC INDULGED NO ILLEGALITY BY SHOWING REPORT: No illegality is committed by Republic for showing the Hansa report that shred the fraud TRP case against it
5. LUTYENS SPECTACLE BURNS TO ASH: The entire Lutyens spectacle questioning the authenticity of the report now burns to ash since the Honourable court has said that Hansa doesn’t contest the veracity
6. MUMBAI POLICE QUESTIONING SOURCES LEFT EMBARRASSED: The court has recognized Republic's right to report even as the Mumbai Police tried to threaten Republic in the context of putting out the Hansa document and withholding its source during questioning