WARC Prize for Asian Strategy 2020 marks ten years of marketing milestones
WARC, the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, is today launching the WARC Prize for Asian Strategy 2020, a search for the best strategic ideas that have driven results from Asia's marketing industry.
Since 2011, the Prize has showcased Asia's smartest marketing thinking, highlighting breakthrough ideas from across the region. Now in its tenth year, the Prize remains free to enter and is open to clients and agencies in any marketing discipline.
Lucy Aitken - Managing Editor, Case Studies, WARC, comments: "The WARC Prize for Asian Strategy rewards strategic thinking that helps clients solve real-life problems and provides a base for future growth. As we set to mark this tenth year of the Prize at a time when marketing strategies are being challenged and adapted, we provide an opportunity to showcase successful marketing that is relevant to now and to the future.
"This year, we've launched the Long-Term Strategy special award to acknowledge the impact of long-term brand-building for marketers aiming to balance short-term sales with future-forward brand ambitions."
Alongside the Gold, Silver and Bronze accolades, there is a prize fund of USD $10,000 for the best papers - Grand Prix (USD $5,000) and five special awards (USD $1,000 each) recognising specific areas of excellence, including the new Long-Term Strategy Award:
The Category Disruptor Award for the best example of a brand that has successfully broken with category convention.
The Customer Journey Award for the best example of a brand creating a compelling path to purchase.
The Early Adopter Award for the best example of a brand using a new innovation or emerging tech or platform.
The Long-Term Strategy Award (new) for the best strategy designed to build a long-term brand platform, executed over a period of three years or more.
The Research Excellence Award for the best use of research in the development of strategic ideas.
This year's Prize will be chaired by Siew Ting Foo - Vice President and Global Head of Marketing Strategy and Planning, Print Category, HP. She has more than two decades of marketing leadership experience across international consumer-goods companies that include Unilever, Mars, Diageo and Fonterra. At HP, she is focused on driving HP's brand relevance and purpose by combining data and emotional connection.
HP's Siew Ting Foo says: "In these challenging times, strategy has never been more important. Having the insight and the ability to simplify the complex is key to marketing effectiveness and the WARC Prize for Asian Strategy showcases this. Asia as a region is an amalgamation of multiple cultures and talent and is a great breeding ground for effective strategies that can inspire others globally."
A high-calibre panel of strategy experts and senior marketers will join Siew Ting to judge the submissions. The first judges to be appointed are:
- Siew Ting Foo - Vice President & Global Head of Marketing Strategy & Planning, Print Category, HP - Jury Chair
- Divya Anand - General Manager, Marketing, APAC, Tata Communications
- Lauren Cadman - Director, Strategic Planning, Mindshare China
- Remona Duquesne - Managing Partner, Southeast Asia, the brandgym
- Mark Hadfield - Regional Head of Planning, Iris Worldwide Singapore
- Terence Ling - Head of Strategy, TBWAHong Kong
- Anil K Nair - Chief Executive Officer, VMLY&R India
- Denise Ng - Director of Partnerships, PHD China
- Christina Peyton - Vice President, Marketing & Growth, APAC, WPP
- Etka Relan - National Planning Director, MullenLowe Lintas Group
- Ruchi Sharma - Creative & Culture Officer, Brands for Humans
- Kaori Yatsu - Head of Planning, BBDO Japan
Additional judges will be announced shortly. The deadline for entries is 14 July 2020.