How social media gave rise to a new class of Influencer?
Adgully is organising a Facebook Live discussion on ‘How Social Media gave rise to Influencer Marketing in India’ on June 30, widely celebrated as World Social Media Day, to recognize the contribution of media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn on global communication.
With the emergence social platforms, obscure Internet users were able to attain celebrity status as these platforms afforded them a reach of millions. First among these global influencers were the likes of ‘PewDiePie’ who were able to create a global following of loyal fans and earn a living via partnerships with brands.
Also read: Lay's embarks on influencer outreach to praise 'Heartwork'
Today, the rise of influencer marketing is closely associated with rise of creator driven social platforms. In India, we have our own stable of macro and micro influencers who command a rabid following if millions of followers. YouTube reported that there are 1000 Indian channels that have a following of a million and above.
Joining the discussion will be:
- Moderator: Neel Gogia, Co-Founder, IPLIX Media
- Ashna Zaveri, Actress, Stylist and Fashion Model
- Deepika Lalwani, Fitness Influencer
Mansi Zaveri, Founder & CEO, Kidsstoppress Media
- Shilpa Arora, Co-Founder, ChicLifeByte.com
- Shudeep Majumder, Co-founder & CEO, Zefmo Media
- Tanya Khanijow, Travel Influencer
- Vaibhav Sisinty, Head of Marketing, Klook India
Register now and watch the discussion between 5 pm onwards on 30 June.