Instagram begins testing its new feature ‘Collab’
Today we begin testing the ability for people to collaborate on Feed Posts and Reels called ‘Collab’. With ‘Collab’, you can now invite another account to show as a collaborator on the post or reel. If they accept, both accounts will appear in the post or reel header, and it will be shared to both sets of followers. India is amongst the two countries where this will first be tested in.
GAMEXX Awards 2021 Last date for submitting entries - Monday, July 26, 2021 - ENTER NOW
Collaborating is a huge part of how people connect on Instagram. With ‘Collab’, you can invite a collaborator to your Feed Post and Reels and so they can share the content with their followers. If they accept, then they’ll be shown as an author, the content will be shared to their Profile Grid and to their followers in Feed, and you will both see your shared feedback.
How does it work?
- Upload a Feed post or create a Reel as you normally would.
- When you get to the end of your share screen, you’ll see the option to “Tag People.”
- Clicking on “Tag People” will allow you to now invite a collaborator by clicking “Invite Collaborator.”
- You can now search for an account and add them as a collaborator. Note that the account will need to accept your invite. Only public accounts who are receiving the test experience can be invited to ‘Collab’/co-author.
- Once the account has accepted the collaboration invite, they will be added to the tag screen and also noted in the header of your post.
This is only testing with a small percentage of our global community now.