Meeting held between ISA, AAAI and TAM
The Indian Society of Advertisers (ISA) and the Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI) called a joint meeting on August 16, 2012 for TAM to present facts as they are relevant to the users. TAM is the research agency that conducts TV audience measurement in the country.
'As key users of audience research data, advertisers and advertising agencies need to know facts directly from the research agency. And if there are challenges at any level in the research, the research agency needs to share its proposed action plan with us', said Bharat Patel, Chairman-ISA and Arvind Sharma, President-AAAI
TAM shared its perspective with ISA and AAAI and outlined six key action steps:
- Appointment of a security officer and a security agency
- Expansion in number of meters in the existing 6 top metros
- A review by the industry of research processes that determine what TAM reports in its weekly reports. And what meter homes are left out of reporting for being data outliers
- Getting the outlier homes independently audited
- Faster panel rotation
- An internal audit team to be put in place as soon as possible
'We look forward to speedy implementation of the six action steps outlined by TAM. With formation of Broadcast Audience Research Council-BARC on the anvil, it will be appropriate for us to request BARC to review if these steps are adequate', said Patel and Sharma.
MINUTES TO READ