India Today Group Back with Another Edition of Safaigiri Awards
The India Today Group is back with the sixth edition of the Safaigiri Awards. The annual event this year will honour COVID-19 Warriors who have been leading the fight against COVID-19 from the front. The platform will therefore be called ‘India Today Safaigiri: Healthgiri Awards’ to honour the spirit of Corona Warriors and to felicitate the pioneering efforts of those who have significantly contributed during this pandemic.
For the last few months since the outbreak of Covid-19, India is facing a big challenge. The entire nation is trying to fight the pandemic mainly due to the efforts of selfless warriors from various walks-of-life. These brave citizens have been fronting the battle to mitigate the effects of the pandemic. Doctors and paramedics as the frontline are providing medical assistance despite their personal safety concerns. Administrations from the centre to local governments are inundated with the task of improving health infrastructure, ramping up testing and treatment facilities, maintaining law and order. A host of Indians are voluntarily contributing to this effort mainly by spreading awareness and highlighting the safety precautions and running relief measures.
The India Today Group invites nominations from Individuals/Organisations who have appreciably contributed and brought about a significant change during this pandemic. The categories for this year are:
- Best State in Combating Covid-19
- Best Celebrity Contribution in Spreading Awareness
- Best Far-Reaching Corporate Contribution for a Wider Social Impact
- Best Testing Facility
- Best NGO or other Entity that Extended Timely Help to Migrants
- Best Innovation for Covid -Related Activity in Times of the Pandemic
- Best Logistics Services Provider
- Best NGO or Other Entity Offering Healthcare Services
- Best Health Manager
Nominations with all details can be sent to email@example.com or they can be filed on www.safaigiri.in under respective categories meeting the criteria requirements. The last date of filing nominations is 12th September 2020.
This year’s esteemed jury for selecting and honouring the awardees will be:
- Mr. Aroon Purie, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief, India Today Group
- Ms. Anu Aga, Former Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha, Businesswoman and Social Worker
- Mr. Manish Sabharwal, Chairman, TeamLease Services Ltd.
- Dr. Srinath Reddy, President, Public Health Foundation of India
- Dr. Devi Shetty, Chairman and Founder, Narayana Health
- Dr. Naresh Trehan, Chairman and Managing Director, Medanta
- Dr. Gagandeep Kang, Vaccine Expert
- Dr. Swati Piramal, Vice Chairperson, Piramal Group